Is this fluid additive worth trying for my NSG370 transmission?

ebay007

Hello.
My 2005 manual TJ has some problems with second and third gears.
They don't shift smoothly and sometimes grind a little.
I guess it's the synchronizes so I try to adjust my shifting as I can't afford to rebuild the trans.
But, I thought it might be worth to ask if anyone have experience with trans additives that can help smooth things up?
I'm talking about a product like this:
https://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/shift-eze#/

Is it worth trying?

Thanks.

With very few exceptions, fluid additives are just there to sell you something you don't need. If a fluid, be it coolant, lubricant, or hydraulic, would be particularly improved by the addition of one thing or another, the manufacturers of said fluid would have added it; trust me. Every manufacturer wants that edge over the competition and anything that really improves their product will be considered (cost concerns are always a factor...thus different grades of fluids like full synthetic lubricants vs. conventional).

Your best bet is to baby the tranny until you can either replace it or have it rebuilt (which is usually the same thing). Also, have you considered a low-mileage salvage yard transmission? Could be a real wallet saver.

Keep your transmission free of additives which can degrade how well the transmission lube works. It's no miracle lube that can fix problems but Redline MTL will allow your transmission to work as well as its mechanical condition will allow.

Keep your transmission free of additives which can degrade how well the transmission lube works. It's no miracle lube that can fix problems but Redline MTL will allow your transmission to work as well as its mechanical condition will allow.

X2 I just swapped my fluid to this and the transmission is noticeably smoother, albeit still a little grumpy.

Jerry, will Redline MTL work on 98 TJ Manual tranny's?

Jerry, will Redline MTL work on 98 TJ Manual tranny's?
It will work but the better/more appropriate Redline lube for the AX-5 and AX-15 used in the '98 is MT-90. There is just a minor viscosity difference between MTL for the NV3550 and NSG370 and MT-90 for the AX-5 and AX-15, otherwise they are the same.

Reactions: bromel and LarryTJ