Is this frame rust too much?

Brad1980

Trying to buy a TJ but in new england they all have a lot of rust. These are photos from the underside of one that has
20180420_121833.jpg
20180420_150150.jpg
20180420_121953.jpg
20180420_121955.jpg
the least rust i have found but the middle side body mounts are rusted through. Is this worth buying and trying to fix or would you steer clear?

that's a lot worse than I would want to deal with

here's a pic of the TJ I bought last year for $2000...this one had been repaired already before I purchased it, and is as bad as I would go unless they're giving it away
t8nh0fv.jpg

Thanks for the replies - very helpful. That jeep was asking 8k, so not sub-5...

I've been looking for 6 months and believe it or not that was the best I've seen which is why I finally decided to post and ask if this is just what I should be expecting

I'll keep looking!

In your picture the frame doesn't look too bad but i bet there is a lot more rust you cant see specially if you try to remove the belly pan? The other pictures clearly show the body mounts are GONE! What are you paying for it, and does it have a hardtop and full metal doors?

I've been looking for 6 months and believe it or not that was the best I've seen which is why I finally decided to post and ask if this is just what I should be expecting

I'll keep looking!
Brad, I live in Michigan and had to go to southern Ohio to find one acceptable. Worth the 4+ hour drive, but I still had to spend 12K although it is a 05 Rubicon.

There's a used car dealership in Bridgewater, about 30 - 40 miles south of you. I don't have any experience with them but they've been there for years and have always been selling Wranglers. Their pics don't show the frames/ underneath but it might be a place that you could check out.
Here's the link and good luck.
http://www.autocityllc.com/

I'll keep looking!

8 grand?? Good lord.