Is this old radio worth anything?

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
CE7F4497-6524-481F-870D-9BF8CB09B8AC.png

It’s in a local auction that’s closing soon

Does it work? I like it.
I’m not sure / wasn’t able to make it to the preview day but if it doesn’t dave can probably fix it . It’s at 7.50 right now I think . I was trying to think of I even had cassette tapes anymore :)

Reactions: JMT
I have seen those on Ebay for around $100. I was looking at Christmas time because my gurl drives a yellow TJ, but I had a hard time trying to find one that worked. Ended up going a different route.

I have seen those on Ebay for around $100. I was looking at Christmas time because my gurl drives a yellow TJ, but I had a hard time trying to find one that worked. Ended up going a different route.
It ended up selling for 40.00. I ended up getting 36.00 worth of stuff I didn’t “ need “. But I got a couple large levels for my son who’s trying to start his own home improvement company. And a cool handmade bark canoe that my friend collects, and two bottle jacks. My tj didn’t come with one so I figured why not for 7.50 I got 2 :)

Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
It ended up selling for 40.00. I ended up getting 36.00 worth of stuff I didn’t “ need “. But I got a couple large levels for my son who’s trying to start his own home improvement company. And a cool handmade bark canoe that my friend collects, and two bottle jacks. My tj didn’t come with one so I figured why not for 7.50 I got 2 :)
Good stuff!

That brings back some memories! I had one of those I’d carry around in my YJ when I was in high school since the radio in it didn’t work. Wonder whatever happened to it.

online auctions are the devils work haha....
Yes they can be. But I’m pretty cautious. We’ve gotten screwed a few times after bidding and not checking out the items in person and finding out it was junk. But it’s fun to find stuff for cheap.

That brings back some memories! I had one of those I’d carry around in my YJ when I was in high school since the radio in it didn’t work. Wonder whatever happened to it.
I thought it looked cool. Then I started thinking about when and where I would use it and realized I probably wouldn’t . But I thought it was cool looking :).

Cassette tapes?? Hey @Squatch where you at?? :D
Ah...I see my reputation precedes me. Admittedly, I still have around 60 cassette tapes. Unfortunately, my players will decide at random to consume said tapes. Now I'm hesitant to listen to them. Need to upgrade to this new technology I keep hearing about...CDs, or some such thing... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kathy and Rob5589
That things cool. I modified the stock deck in my 03 ram to be Bluetooth, I'd definitely pick one of those up to do the same thing to. It's a jeep product, it needs modifications.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Kathy and Squatch
I'm feeling inspired, I think I'm going to hunt one down to convert.

Reactions: Kathy
Well I got one coming in from France (only one on ebay at the moment) then I ordered a Bluetooth audio chip, and I stopped by the Milwaukee repair center and they gave me an old battery holder for their jackets. (gotta love a freebie) seeing as I have a bunch of M12 batteries and the radio runs on 12v, I'm going to see if i can update the power source to.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara