Is this OME lift a good deal?

Brian Alcorn

TJ Enthusiast
Ok so is this lift a good deal as I have read here and there about ome lifts being one of the best regular price is $1754.00 on sale for $1469.00 ...cant see going bigger that 33s...2004 Rubicon
Not really wanting to regear or deal with brake lines or long arm ...at least not right now and are these shocks good for road and trail or should I get rancho 5000x

20190525_153407.jpg

Screenshot_20190623-222336_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Starrs
I would go with a combination of brands if it was me. jKS adj track bars, OME springs, and Rancho RS5000X shocks, JKS MML, JKS discos, and an actual metal body lift puck like Savvy offers.

The Rancho RS5000X shocks provide a much better ride when compared to the OME Nitrocharger shocks that come from OME’s kit.

Really the only things you should change IMO, are the body lift and the shocks.

Just my .02

But it is a good deal, $14XX.00 compared to $17XX.00.

While this is a good one, spring and shock lifts are not great. They don't correctly accommodate the change in drive line angles. I bought a Rock Krawler 3.5 fully adjustable control arms for 1800$ with Bilstein 5100. Allen's off road...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think it comes with an 1 inch engine lift .. which would be great for the rear but opposite direction for the front but I'm guessing the front shaft is much longer it's not as critical

Reactions: JMT
That’s a pretty good price and will allow 33’s off-road. I basically run this setup with 33’s although mine are the narrower 10.5” width vs 11.5 or 12”. The 1” motor Mount lift will help with rear driveline angle and you shouldn’t need to add spacers under the T-case skid. I used MORE aluminum pucks for the body spacers like people are recommending. The plastic ones are probably fine but I always have used the aluminum ones.

The OME stuff is a quality product and I always found them to be good riding on the road. I hear they recently changed their shock valving to make them stiffer and I did noticed they are a bit harsher on- road. Nothing too terrible and they are starting to soften up a bit as the suspension breaks in. The new Rancho shocks are the ones people are recommending now to mimic the factory ride on the road. That said I am perfectly satisfied with the OME shocks and will be keeping them, but you have a choice.

For now adjustable control arms are optional with that height lift. Later if you decide to do a belly-up T-case skid and SYE kit then you’ll need the adjustable control arms then.

Reactions: lindsey97
I installed that very kit a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier with it. Rides like a dream both on and off road. The Jeep was on stock suspension when I bought it and I installed a set of Rough Country shocks shortly thereafter and ran them for just over a year. After replacing with the OME kit (with the OME shocks), the difference in ride quality over the Rough Country setup is night and day and arguably better than the factory suspension.

The kit comes with a 1" MM lift and 1.25" body lift (aluminum pucks), which I chose not to install just yet, as I currently run 31s and won't be making the switch to 33s until these tires wear out (which probably won't be for quite a while). I also would not ever want to go bigger than 33s at any point due to the additional required mods and cost and, after much research on this forum, at a number of local off-road shops and input from friends who are 'in the know', this set up kept coming out on top.

Reactions: BeavisTJ and Sancho
This fixes everything and the ride is awesome!
https://www.xf_vendor_spam_manageme...Offroad-Rock-Krawler-TJ-3.5in-Package-Systems
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is the exact kit I have from DPG as well. I have it on my 2004 LJ and I love it. 33s fit very nicely, great articulation and very comfortable ride. Go for it.

Reactions: skrelnik
This is the exact kit I have from DPG as well. I have it on my 2004 LJ and I love it. 33s fit very nicely, great articulation and very comfortable ride. Go for it.

Same here, great kit and price. I installed that same kit from Dirk, and when pricing pieces individually, it is a great price. Plus Dirk will coach you through the install.

I wouldn't even buy it. I'd piece together my own lift personally.

What I know today vs what I knew before I purchased and installed my OME lift kit is night and day.

If buying lift parts today I also would piece the parts together, but two years ago I would not have pieced together a kit as I lacked the experience. I feel that what I learned from (i) Dirk, (ii) the DIY install and (iii) a boatload of info from this forum and it's member were all instrumental in what I know today, and would give me comfort in piecing a kit together for my intended purpose.

Two things I do know is I would rather have a Currie TB (which I do now) over the JKS TB because I think JKS's customer service is gahbage (garbage for non-massholes).

Secondly, OME shocks are great and I'm pumped I didn't order Rancho shocks since I live in New England and those Rancho shocks rust all over the place. In Arizona, or other non-rust states, sure go for Rancho, all good there.

Reactions: lindsey97 and Chris
What I know today vs what I knew before I purchased and installed my OME lift kit is night and day.

Isn't that how it always goes?

I know so much today about what I would and wouldn't do as far as building a TJ goes that it's unreal. The OME lift kit is nice, but I think a much better lift can be put together using components from multiple manufactures. Rancho RS5000X shocks for instance, OME springs, etc.

Isn't that how it always goes?

I know so much today about what I would and wouldn't do as far as building a TJ goes that it's unreal. The OME lift kit is nice, but I think a much better lift can be put together using components from multiple manufactures. Rancho RS5000X shocks for instance, OME springs, etc.

Couldn't agree more with what you said. So you up for piecing together a lift kit for a 2004 TJ Rubicon to fit 33s?

1) Currie track bar CE-9120TJS
2)

Couldn't agree more with what you said. So you up for piecing together a lift kit for a 2004 TJ Rubicon to fit 33s?

1) Currie track bar CE-9120TJS
2)

I would add the rear track bar to that as well, a 1.25" Savvy body lift, some 3" springs (I believe Savvy makes a set of 3" springs), a M.O.R.E. Bombproof 1" MML, and for control arms I'd go with Savvy personally (but anything would work as long as they are adjustable).

Reactions: skrelnik
I would add the rear track bar to that as well, a 1.25" Savvy body lift, some 3" springs (I believe Savvy makes a set of 3" springs), a M.O.R.E. Bombproof 1" MML, and for control arms I'd go with Savvy personally (but anything would work as long as they are adjustable).
And you're building a lift that will cost at least 3000 bucks. Plus, with 3" springs, you run a very real risk of having driveling issues, which will require another 5-6 hundred dollars for an SYE and driveshaft. For 1400 dollars, it's tough to argue with the performance of the DPG kit. 99 percent of the people that run Jeeps won't run into the very specific issues that a kit like that will leave.

Reactions: Sancho and skrelnik
And you're building a lift that will cost at least 3000 bucks. Plus, with 3" springs, you run a very real risk of having driveling issues, which will require another 5-6 hundred dollars for an SYE and driveshaft. For 1400 dollars, it's tough to argue with the performance of the DPG kit. 99 percent of the people that run Jeeps won't run into the very specific issues that a kit like that will leave.

No one said anything about price.

Even then, I'd still piece the kit together myself. The Nitrocharger Sport shocks that come in the OME kit these days don't ride good IMHO, I prefer the Ranchos as I'm sure most would (or do).

Even then, I'd still piece the kit together myself. The Nitrocharger Sport shocks that come in the OME kit these days don't ride good IMHO, I prefer the Ranchos as I'm sure most would (or do).
The whole point of the thread is about price? OP is wondering if the DPG kit at $1469 is a good deal...

Reactions: Long Rider

I know this isn't comparing apples to apples but my LJ with OME shocks rides smoother than my wife's JL on Ranchos. The Ranchos are nice, don't get me wrong, just a little stiffer but for the price they simply can't be beat.

Reactions: Ehallspqr