Is this too much rust?

OP
mrblaine

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
A freshly painted (or primed) interior is so pleasing to the eyes. We all know it's a flash of light and will never look that good again. Thanks
Or fresh bed liner, in this case a tintable catalyzed version similar to Upol Raptor liner from TPC Global. I wish I was better at spraying it but it will work fine. Stuff sets up very fast. It was hard enough to not leave fingerprints in about 30 minutes. Far different than the Herculiner I've done many years ago.

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Supporting Member
Thanks for letting us follow along on the TJ6 project, Blaine. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, and hopefully you'll keep us up to date.

I've always believed that a TJ6 winds up being an LJ with the rear axle in the proper location.

Reactions: Wildman
OP
mrblaine

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Thanks for letting us follow along on the TJ6 project, Blaine. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, and hopefully you'll keep us up to date.

I've always believed that a TJ6 winds up being an LJ with the rear axle in the proper location.
Too much wheelbase for 35's. I don't have the time for anything bigger right now so I'm going to get it all driving on 35's and go from there.

Midnight LJR

While it’s apart I might as well...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The welder just picked up the rock rail backers I cut and extended. As soon as they come back, I can start installing the armor.

That’s great. That thing is going to look amazing.

Are you planning on wheeling it a lot, or mostly just daily driving around and enjoying on easier trails?

Reactions: Alex01
OP
mrblaine

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
That’s great. That thing is going to look amazing.

Are you planning on wheeling it a lot, or mostly just daily driving around and enjoying on easier trails?
Not sure yet. It has too much wheelbase for the tire size for local stuff. It would be great in Sand Hollow but I don't need something that purpose built so I'm just going to get it driving and see what that inspires me to do.