Is this trailer a good start for offroad trailer ?

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
Wondering if you guys think this trailer is good start
to be an off-road trailer ? Listed for $200
And sorry it’s the only picture listed

A8840128-87EA-42ED-B04A-9D1C4E8A25DF.png

looks like no more than 1000# axles/springs/wheels
What size are the wheels? They look like 12"

And the frame will also be very light weight. Great for hauling around a lawnmower in town. Not sure how long it will run off road fully loaded before something breaks. And the spindles are likely way to light to handle tires which match yer Wrangler.

But if you only want to haul 400#, 500# and treat it with respect,
it might be perfect, but not offroad.

Last edited:
Looks like the standard Harbor Freight trailer with some cage work done on top. I have the small one and love it for camping. Not a chance I would take it on the trail or above 55 but I've heard people do. I'd start with something bigger or more sturdy for a trailer that is going on the dirt. It is priced right for what it is (if it has plates).

Reactions: 04 LJ
looks like no more than 1000# axles/springs/wheels
What size are the wheels? They look like 12"

And the frame will also be very light weight. Great for hauling around a lawnmower in town. Not sure how long it will run off road fully loaded before something breaks. And the spindles are likely way to light to handle tires which match yer Wrangler.

But if you only want to haul 400#, 500# and treat it with respect, it might be perfect.

I’m going to pass on it thanks for the info!

Looks like the standard Harbor Freight trailer with some cage work done on top. I have the small one and love it for camping. Not a chance I would take it on the trail or above 55 but I've heard people do. I'd start with something bigger or more sturdy for a trailer that is going on the dirt. It is priced right for what it is (if it has plates).

Harbor freight?? Those are the only two words you have to say. Going to keep on looking.