Issue dialing in new Truck Lite LED headlights

Hcwlsu101

TJ Enthusiast
I installed some new trucklite leds last week and I’m having some issues aligning them. They have darker and lighter spots in the beam and two bright spots (see attached). I was curious if anyone else has had these issues and how did you solve? Thanks!

43F93540-0C5D-42B8-8EA2-4B7D5BD8DBC4.jpeg

The issue is not the alignment, it's the poor design of the reflector. I solved that problem by going back to my tried & true Cibie Z-beams.

Reactions: Daryl
They're also kinda piss poor when it's raining and I feel that the high beams were just not high enough for my liking.

Mine have a V V pattern. I don't like it, but I also don't notice it anymore.

That's normal for the Truck Lite headlights. I've had them, and you get used to it. It's something to do with the reflector housings. I wouldn't worry though. I've tried the JW Speakers and the Truck Lites, and personally I think the Truck Lites have slightly better light output. The only thing I've found better than the Truck Lites as far as light output is my current Vision X Vortex LED headlights.

Get out a 25' tape measure, some masking tape, a flat surface leading up to a wall, and set them up properly at night. My Truck-Lite's have the X pattern but ignore them during the setup. Set them up with the flat cut-off pattern you see on the wall. Google headlight adjustment and you'll find lots of instruction on how to do it.

My setup is incredible at night. Like wide-beam fog lights but they don't annoy any oncoming traffic. The high-beams are impressive.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
I placed a cross on a wall directly even with headlights backed up 25 feet and then brought them slightly under the horizontal line. I then lined up left to right to the right of vertical line. I watched several videos. I’m not sure what gives but my beam pattern seems inconsistent and annoying. How did you adjust?

I have these same lights and honestly it’s trail and error. I tried the traditional adjustment way but the lamps were way too high. Eventually I gave up on the measuring way and just lowered and drove around, and repeated till I got a pattern I liked. I just made sure the headlights were level with each other. They look incredible now. I haven’t got flashed once with my low beams but they still have an awesome throw with a good cutoff, and the high beams could slay vampires they’re so bright. And not only bright but they light up EVERYTHING. These photos are taken from the same spot.
Low beam
299F1954-2240-4DBA-B5FC-CF32789F53D0.jpeg

High beam
A07C5B8B-4337-4BE0-82B4-EB3660FD19B2.jpeg

I also don’t see the x or any other artifacts in your pictures.
I have the V V pattern like @jjvw mentioned but honestly you completely forget it’s there after awhile. Just drive and adjust. Be sure to use a wall after you hit your desired height to get the two low beams at the same height though. The high beams will be off by a little but it’s more important your low beams line up so you’re not blinding traffic.

If your adjusters are frozen, it's best to take the entire assembly out (3 nuts) and work on them on the bench. Get a good fitting screw driver and warm the plastic up and carefully work the screws free. Might save you from breaking off an adjuster screw.

I installed some new trucklite leds last week and I’m having some issues aligning them. They have darker and lighter spots in the beam and two bright spots (see attached). I was curious if anyone else has had these issues and how did you solve? Thanks!

Were you able to resolve this?

I just got Truck-Lites and my low-beam pattern looks just like your picture - two bright rectangles, lots of light thrown near and wide like a fog light, but the rest is a bunch of mottled garbage.

High beams are awesome, but the low beams are worse than the sealed beams they replaced on a pitch black road.

I bought the heated truck-lites a while back. I too have the reflection artifacts but I quickly began to ignore them. If anything, they line up in front of the jeep to make a "target".

My first attempt at aiming them didn't work out so well. I tried to aim them at a wall using a tape measure.

What actually worked better was going to an abandoned mall near me and driving around and adjusting them again and again. I probably was there for 2 hours, although I also adjusted my spot lights and fog lights.

I have the horizontal cutoff almost level, but not quite. That gives me the most range without blinding oncoming traffic. The high beams are pretty much level, maybe slightly above level.

Remember you don't want intense illumination on the ground directly in front of you, like fog lamps provide. The start of the light should be a ways out, and gradual. Otherwise your night vision will be impaired by the large amount of light reflecting close to the vehicle, and you won't see as well at a distance, which can increase the risk of collisions with moose, deer, cars, etc. Fog lamps shine down low to help you see your lane and to help you in slower conditions.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
The issue is not the alignment, it's the poor design of the reflector. I solved that problem by going back to my tried & true Cibie Z-beams.
Same here. The pattern is better, just even light with a flat cut off. If you need more light, get different bulbs. There are some that are the same wattage as stock, and some, (like mine), that are higher. I run 100/ 80 watt Hella's. I installed the add on wire harness, too.