Issues going into gear after body lift install

BlueChip

TJ Enthusiast
Installed the Savvy 1.25 BL and 1" MML last weekend, went to take her for a spin and i cant get into 2,4,6,R.

Tried moving the console back some, but it appears there's not too much movement and stay with the same holes

It appears this is a common issue, but what are the fixes??

Chris

For my 1" MML, 1¼" BL and Savvy UA, I clearanced the console a bit. Also notched, bent and welded the shifter to keep my knuckles out of my lower dash/locker switches. Replacing the stiff shifter boot with leather style helps as well.
(edited to clarify)
20190524_202020.jpg

Reactions: Tob
If you aren't lifting your transmission up with a tummy tuck as well, you'll probably have to remove the dust boot and clearance the tub anywhere you have that issue

Reactions: WHBNM and BlueChip
As in a tuck?
Yessir. When I did mine i planned on waiting for a while after the mml and body lift but when I found myself in similar situation to you I pulled the trigger on a savvy tt. Installed a ucf in a buddys recently and it turned out nice as well. Definitely a great mod. Definitely can be a rabbit hole.

Do you have a transfer case drop, by chance? I had the same issue after I installed a MML and 1.25" body lift. I then removed the spacers I had in between the transfer case skid and the frame, which raised the transmission a bit. After that, I could shift normally again.

Do you have a transfer case drop, by chance? I had the same issue after I installed a MML and 1.25" body lift. I then removed the spacers I had in between the transfer case skid and the frame, which raised the transmission a bit. After that, I could shift normally again.
Yea, I have it dropped 4 washers. But if I take those out I get some “tinking” noise when I drive. Trying to balance angles and shifting

Yea, I have it dropped 4 washers. But if I take those out I get some “tinking” noise when I drive. Trying to balance angles and shifting
Are you sure? Now that the MML and BL is in, those have eased the driveshaft angle. You may be able to do without the washers. Worth a try, if you haven't already since the MML and BL install.

Yeah. Tried. But I trimmed the plastic under the shifter and now 2.4.6 work great, R is a little tight, but it goes in now.

I need these 3.5” springs that really gave me 4” to sag a bit. When I throw aftermarket bumpers front/back it should help a bit too.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoseA and Tob
Yeah. Tried. But I trimmed the plastic under the shifter and now 2.4.6 work great, R is a little tight, but it goes in now.

I need these 3.5” springs that really gave me 4” to sag a bit. When I throw aftermarket bumpers front/back it should help a bit too.
If I move the console back 1/4” back I’ll be good. Then save for the almighty tummy tuck.

Reactions: Jablinski

Do you have any pictures of the trimming you had to do? I'm about to get started on a MML and Savvy 1.25" BL and I'm worried about the issues you had. Currently running 2.5" lift and about 1" Tcase drop but wanting to remove some of the drop with the MML + BL.