Issues with 42RLE

mrd05d

Supporting Member
In Drive rpms are high and it feels like the drivetrain is only getting say a quarter to half of the torque it should.

If i put it in Manual 1 or Manual 2 it gets all the torque like its supposed to.

Fluid level is good and Mopar ATF+4 looks decent color to me.

In Drive rpms are high and it feels like the drivetrain is only getting say a quarter to half of the torque it should.

If i put it in Manual 1 or Manual 2 it gets all the torque like its supposed to.

Fluid level is good and Mopar ATF+4 looks decent color to me.
Any codes? Sounds like its slipping in drive.

Let us know rpm and speed, that might help. The 42rle is odd, might just be normal. That transmission is good about throwing codes when things are messed up.

No codes, I believe 3.73 gears, 31" tires. Its less about the rpms and more about the feeling that it isn't "hooking up" if you will.

It increases speed but takes more TPS angle than it should to get the speed increases that I'm getting.

If i am in manual 2 the torque is jumpy. In Drive its super subtle like.

If it was slipping in Drive wouldn't it slip in manual 2? I thought it would be the same clutches.

No codes, I believe 3.73 gears, 31" tires. Its less about the rpms and more about the feeling that it isn't "hooking up" if you will.

It increases speed but takes more TPS angle than it should to get the speed increases that I'm getting.

If i am in manual 2 the torque is jumpy. In Drive its super subtle like.

If it was slipping in Drive wouldn't it slip in manual 2? I thought it would be the same clutches.
Sounds like a tranny issue.

Same clutch and the transmission always keeps track of input and output shaft speed, if there is any slip when there shouldn't be you'd get a code. You might have a ground or throttle position sensor problem.

So broke out the pico today def not the TPS... and I don't think its a ground issue. I have cleaned and tightened all grounds. Lights and idle seem to be fine without issue, etc.

TPS.png