Issues with GenRight or other aluminum fenders?

You can't pay me to install steel fenders. I will let you pay me to remove steel and replace them with aluminum though. FYI and this is a big giant FYI, the MC are not even in the same ballpark as a highline fender, not only not in the same ballpark, not even in the same city, county, or state.

I don't want to ASSUME so I will ask, why don't you like steel tube fenders? is it because of the damage they can cause to the tub because they won't give/bend if hit hard enough? I know you have your reasons for how and why you build a rig a certain way. It has been discussed by many in my circle up here about the fender not giving if hit hard on the front.

The pictures pretty much tell the story, but it's this simple.
I want highline aluminum fenders with 4" flair.......Blaine "no you don't"
But I think they will be fine "no they wont"
Let's just try it "fine, but I warned you"

Powdercoat still drying and we go to JV to test out my rig.

How it started 1 trail, how it came out. Stupid 4" flare is all I could say to myself the rest of the trip.

I threw a pic of the zero flare we put on right after these shenanigans.....and now I just have a high hood but you get the point. People always ask me how I get through so much tight stuff and trails without much if any damage. It's simple, I have them look down the side of my rig (front to back) you don't see anything unnecessary hanging off the side. And I stand by this no matter where you wheel. I mostly wheel in TX, OK, AK, CO and MO now. I would still build my rig exactly the same.

(And as Blaine stated, I wouldn't ever run or install a steel set of fenders)

Ricky

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
I don't want to ASSUME so I will ask, why don't you like steel tube fenders? is it because of the damage they can cause to the tub because they won't give/bend if hit hard enough? I know you have your reasons for how and why you build a rig a certain way. It has been discussed by many in my circle up here about the fender not giving if hit hard on the front.
I've already answered it many times but again, they rust, they are heavy, do you want to ruin the fender or ruin the tub? I don't live in your circle but where my circle resides, those are my reasons and not ones I just happened to pull out of my ass, reasons that I have personally witnessed over the years as being giant deal breakers.

I'm also pretty sure if you go back and look at my first reply here, I ask if you want to ruin the tub or ruin a fender, no?

Blaine I just wanted to verify. Sorry for reasking the question.
I really think you just like to see how many times you can makes folks answer the same exact question asked 20 different fucking ways in hopes that one of them will satisfy your confirmation bias.

Is there really any ambiguity whatsoever with the "do you want to ruin the tub or ruin the fender?" Any gray area in the slightest? Or do I need to explain the difference between what exactly ruining a tub versus ruining a fender means? Seriously, almost 4 pages of explaining, posting anecdotal experiences, examples, explanations, and at the end of it we get, why do you dislike steel fenders? Really?

Oh no, I was just kidding, I didn't mean it, I fucking love steel fenders. Now go get some because you were going to anyway.

Was the cracking on the PS fenders limited to the one with no flares? Or all of the defender aluminum series?