Issues with NSG370 6-speed transmission shifting into gears

Pullski

TJ Enthusiast
Hey y’all...did a quick search and didn’t see anything on this topic...I have an 06 LJ with the 6 speed. I’m having issues shifting into the even gears because the shifter is running into the tub cutout. It’s only recently become a problem. It seems like the driveline is out of alignment, but I don’t notice any sort of vibrations or anything. What are your thoughts? Motor Mount? Inner shift boot?

F04BAB14-4138-4D0E-A2BA-747D5EA0F0ED.jpeg

0D7A70F8-E98D-4C43-A292-8087D625A9DF.jpeg

Check the motor mounts and trans mount. Once the issue is resolved replace the shifter cover.

It’s in there...I couldn’t get a good shot but it’s all there...
I'd drop the skid and inspect it.

Also side note, any ideas as to where I can find a bolt/pick to replace the one that fell out?
pull another one out, take it to the hardware store and get one of the same with some washers to make up for the spacer (I don't remember spacers between my mount and trans, though).

Reactions: Pullski

pull another one out, take it to the hardware store and get one of the same with some washers to make up for the spacer (I don't remember spacers between my mount and trans, though).
There shouldn't be any spacers there which is why you don't recall

Reactions: Pullski and pc1p
No spacers on mine either.
There shouldn't be any spacers there which is why you don't recall

HUH! Well that makes a ton of sense as to why my driveline is out of whack. Typical of the other southern engineered BS that I’ve been cleaning and fixing as I’ve seen it. Looks like I’m now due for a SYE and a new trans mount 😑