It just happened!

I thought about making a shorty Torx T-55 wrench (why do they have to be so stinking long?). I finally got the axle low enough to kind of mash a breaker in there. Couldn't fit the torque wrench in, so I "felt" how hard to push it for 74 ft lb on a different bolt, and then "torqued" it by feel. You're right, it's not fun at all.

Reactions: Irun
Over the last several weeks I've been swapping back and fourth between the TJ and LJ, when driving to work. My commute is approximately 23 miles each way, so I've had ample opportunity to experience just how different the two rides are. The short version is the LJ, with 2" Pro Comp springs, Black Max shocks, 32" A/T tires (C rated) and stock everything else needs some attention desperately. :(

The TJ, with significant modifications, handles so much better than the LJ. The difference is actually quite shocking! The TJ handles like a go-kart and I can easily lay into a turn, at speed, comfortably and confidently. Unfortunately, the LJ reminds me of riding in my parents 1976 Chevrolet Caprice Estate station wagon. Going into a turn I can feel the vehicle shift and am left with an uncomfortable feeling.

I'm currently making incremental updates, to see what makes the most significant improvements. Thus far, the Rubicon Express shocks (aka Bilsteins) have been swapped in favor of Black Max shocks and both track bars have been replaced. This made a small, but noticeable improvement. After inspecting the suspension closer, a couple lower control arm bushings are cracked, with one having a significant split. A new set of Savvy arms have been on order over a month. However, I have no idea how long it will be before they're back in stock. My guess is that will make a dramatic improvement.

One thing I've learned from this is that picking the correct parts, and carefully planning your build, makes all the difference in the world!

A new set of Savvy arms have been on order over a month. However, I have no idea how long it will be before they're back in stock. My guess is that will make a dramatic improvement.

One thing I've learned from this is that picking the correct parts, and carefully planning your build, makes all the difference in the world!

KOH is over now, so may only be another 8 weeks. :cool:

• Haha
Over the last several weeks I've been swapping back and fourth between the TJ and LJ, when driving to work. My commute is approximately 23 miles each way, so I've had ample opportunity to experience just how different the two rides are. The short version is the LJ, with 2" Pro Comp springs, Black Max shocks, 32" A/T tires (C rated) and stock everything else needs some attention desperately. :(

The TJ, with significant modifications, handles so much better than the LJ. The difference is actually quite shocking! The TJ handles like a go-kart and I can easily lay into a turn, at speed, comfortably and confidently. Unfortunately, the LJ reminds me of riding in my parents 1976 Chevrolet Caprice Estate station wagon. Going into a turn I can feel the vehicle shift and am left with an uncomfortable feeling.

I'm currently making incremental updates, to see what makes the most significant improvements. Thus far, the Rubicon Express shocks (aka Bilsteins) have been swapped in favor of Black Max shocks and both track bars have been replaced. This made a small, but noticeable improvement. After inspecting the suspension closer, a couple lower control arm bushings are cracked, with one having a significant split. A new set of Savvy arms have been on order over a month. However, I have no idea how long it will be before they're back in stock. My guess is that will make a dramatic improvement.

Every time I see an update from you I end up feeling worse and worse :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Every time I see an update from you I end up feeling worse and worse :ROFLMAO:
Honestly, and I mean it, I do worry about that when I post. Just blame it on my obsession to make the Jeep better than it came from the factory. I drove the LJ yesterday, then the TJ today. It truly is shocking how different the two are. The LJ will get there, but likely not as quickly as the TJ.

FWIW, we both know you gave me a good deal, and a fantastic platform to start from, so I'll never complain about that! :)

Honestly, and I mean it, I do worry about that when I post. Just blame it on my obsession to make the Jeep better than it came from the factory. I drove the LJ yesterday, then the TJ today. It truly is shocking how different the two are. The LJ will get there, but likely not as quickly as the TJ.

FWIW, we both know you gave me a good deal, and a fantastic platform to start from, so I'll never complain about that! :)

Don't worry about it, I'm not offended in anyway. Part of why I sold it was it needed the time and attention it's getting, which I couldn't give to it any more. Same with the Patriot Camper too.

So, I went back and looked...I definitely ordered those shocks and not the 0-2 ones 🤦‍♂️ I'll just be over here riding the dumbass unicycle now.
I'll join you. When I had my last Jeep I ordered a set of ProComp 2" springs. What I didn't realize until the boxes showed up was that I had ordered two rear sets and somehow missed ordering the fronts. Welcome to DumbassVille; Population - me.

I'm at a point where I'm frustrated with progress here. My normal mode is to just order everything I know I'm going to replace, then chip away at installing it. I'm not doing anything more than venting here, so take it for just that. I've had Savvy parts on order for 6 weeks, with no projected delivery date, which is now causing me pain.

Since I'm not planning to wheel this Jeep, the parts I've ordered are overkill and I know that. I just know what I want and, wherever possible, I try to replace stock parts with something better. However, I'm now in a place where I need to replace two control arms, because the bushings are split bad enough that I have side to side movement. Since I can't get the Savvy arms, I may be forced to order a new set of Moog replacement control arms. The entire set is only $210 delivered. Once I do that, it would be hard for me to justify keeping the existing order with Savvy. :mad:

ProductQuantityPrice
CE-9100SA - SAVVY TJ/LJ JOHNNY JOINT® ALUMINUM CONTROL ARM SET - 8 PIECES Backordered 1 xxxx
SAV-BLTJ - Savvy Aluminum Body Lift 1.25" TJ/LJ 97-06
Backordered:
1 xxxx
SAV-TJSS - Steering Box Protection - Savvy Aluminum TJ/LJ 97-06
Backordered:
1 xxxx
SAV-GTS - Aluminum Savvy Gas Tank Skid 1997-2006 TJ/LJ
Backordered:
1 xxxx

I'm at a point where I'm frustrated with progress here. My normal mode is to just order everything I know I'm going to replace, then chip away at installing it. I'm not doing anything more than venting here, so take it for just that. I've had Savvy parts on order for 6 weeks, with no projected delivery date, which is now causing me pain.

Since I'm not planning to wheel this Jeep, the parts I've ordered are overkill and I know that. I just know what I want and, wherever possible, I try to replace stock parts with something better. However, I'm now in a place where I need to replace two control arms, because the bushings are split bad enough that I have side to side movement. Since I can't get the Savvy arms, I may be forced to order a new set of Moog replacement control arms. The entire set is only $210 delivered. Once I do that, it would be hard for me to justify keeping the existing order with Savvy. :mad:

ProductQuantityPrice
CE-9100SA - SAVVY TJ/LJ JOHNNY JOINT® ALUMINUM CONTROL ARM SET - 8 PIECES Backordered 1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
I respect your "JUST VENTING" disclaimer.

I think there's a thread or two floating around addressing the extended lead times from Savvy... Just saying.:)

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman and Irun

ProductQuantityPrice
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Well, you know the surest way to get the Savy control arms delivered, is to install the Moog control arms...

:)

Woah... you just spelled Savvy (may they live forever) wrong 😲
Not sure what the consequences are but I'm sure they are big....
Ya got me there. But since I don't have a single SavVy product in my rig, I don't have any stickers to remind me.

;)

ProductQuantityPrice
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
Backordered:
1 xxxx
You probably know my opinion... Especially if you're not wheeling it. The factory control arms are very good. If you want to lessen the blow, I bet you could have Davey's send you a set of used ones reasonably to get you by. They you won't feel guilty installing the savvy CAs