It works! Revving the nuts off a TJ ended up giving it way more power (no more carbon buildup)

JohnJ78

TJ Enthusiast
Was reading about this yesterday, didn't have much faith in it working.... anyway stuck between 3000-4500 rpm for about 20 minutes, then BAM,,,, it got more powerful within seconds. I now have a far more responsive engine with way more power. Had to have made 20hp difference at then wheels.

Mind blown. Might start adding some water and keep doing it, see how it comes up. And I'm running 33's on Sport gearing. If I drop down to 32's this thing will fly.

What exactly did you do? Sit still in neutral & rev it up? Drive it in a gear that would give you that RPM? Add water to what? What were you trying to accomplish & where did you hear about it? And finally, if it took 20 minutes how could it be done in seconds?

No doubt thats why F1 cars make 800hp! Maybe the results are cumulative and 6500rpm will net you 30hp! ;) Out of curiosity where did you read up this?

• Haha
Reactions: Tob
I know this works with Diesel engines because in my Bluetech E320 you can visually see the carbon dust blow out after you rev it if its been sitting a while. Didn't think it would be effective with a gas engine like the TJ's. Staying on this thread out because I am curious.

Was reading about this yesterday, didn't have much faith in it working.... anyway stuck between 3000-4500 rpm for about 20 minutes, then BAM,,,, it got more powerful within seconds. I now have a far more responsive engine with way more power. Had to have made 20hp difference at then wheels.

Mind blown. Might start adding some water and keep doing it, see how it comes up. And I'm running 33's on Sport gearing. If I drop down to 32's this thing will fly.
wtf, i tried adding water to my oil and i didn't notice any difference !

Yes, the Italian tune up! We do this in the English car arena, especially usefull when a car has not been driven much. We ususally spray water or seafoam into an intake or carb to get it to the pistons and head while the engine is revved. I have put cardboard behine the exhaust and have seen the carbon come flying out. For a TJ that is driven enough, especially at highway speeds, doing this will have little effect.

Reactions: Daryl
My dad was a auto mechanic all his life , I remember as a kid watching him drizzle water down carbs or sometimes ATF to get rid carbon buildup, this was back when engines needed a ring job at 60k . No one would think about buying a vehicle with 100k

Has to be holy water for the miracle power to last!😉 And it works best to do an Italian Tuneup while under load. Climb a steep hill and part way up downshift to keep the rpms at more than 3750 to 4000 and watch the carbon roll.

Reactions: tr21triton
wow this Italian tune is great. so my tank being half full i took the garden hose hose and filled her up ! wow, took her out on the hwy and in 1st gear at 80mph (tach was pegged so dont know actual rpm's) but when the number 1 and number 4 pistons went threw the hood it was like getting a cold air system for free ! it must of freed up the remaining 2 pistons and it was like when batman would put the afterburner to the bat mobile ! i started in Georgia and couldn't get stopped until somewhere half way threw Mississippi...

wow this Italian tune is great. so my tank being half full i took the garden hose hose and filled her up ! wow, took her out on the hwy and in 1st gear at 80mph (tach was pegged so dont know actual rpm's) but when the number 1 and number 4 pistons went threw the hood it was like getting a cold air system for free ! it must of freed up the remaining 2 pistons and it was like when batman would put the afterburner to the bat mobile ! i started in Georgia and couldn't get stopped until somewhere half way threw Mississippi...
You do know some noob is coming on here and filling either his crank case or gas tank with water after reading that.. :unsure:

In the 1980,s you could get a water injection kit, it sprayed small amounts of aerosol into the intake, this apparently improved performance.
If you have ever driven on a misty morning and noticed how well your engine is running then its the same principal I presume?
I never see one but heard lots of talk about them.

Reactions: Daryl