It works! Revving the nuts off a TJ ended up giving it way more power (no more carbon buildup)

Ouch! Probably going to sell it on BAT this spring. Unlike my TJ it spent it's entire life in Houston till 2014 (got out before the flooding)
View attachment 225573View attachment 225574
Absolutely lovely! Now *that* is a real car, with real gauges, no electric crap, no "technology" and no touchscreen. The way the Gods intended cars to be!

Reactions: txbemis69
Any one remember the term "blowing the soot out"?

A great excuse for raising cain.

Reactions: mushdogs
I love running distilled water in my engine every once in a while. Does no harm and helps it! On old engines you can see where a head gasket is leaking when you pull the head off and the leak is right next to a sparkling clean piston 🤣 Also, running your Jeep around 3,000 rpm is great for it. Peak efficiency 😎

X 2, still an issue even with unleaded.
My favorite method is driving HARD up a mountain pass like Rabbit Ears or Eisenhower flat out in 3rd for minutes.
Keep the revs up, world of outlaws styleo_O
Believe the folks on here this works.
as stated earlier, doing this going uphill is a must. it doesn't work going downhill , it doesn't let the carbon roll out ! :ROFLMAO:

I love running distilled water in my engine every once in a while. Does no harm and helps it! On old engines you can see where a head gasket is leaking when you pull the head off and the leak is right next to a sparkling clean piston 🤣 Also, running your Jeep around 3,000 rpm is great for it. Peak efficiency 😎
i always remove my plugs and fill the cylinders with dawn and water. man it removes the grease and oil and gets those pistons squeeky clean, adds atleast 30 h.p.to my 2.5 according to the butt dyno....

In the 1980,s you could get a water injection kit, it sprayed small amounts of aerosol into the intake, this apparently improved performance.
If you have ever driven on a misty morning and noticed how well your engine is running then its the same principal I presume?
I never see one but heard lots of talk about them.
This used to be used in aviation to cool the air and add power for short durations. I believe it was used in conjunction with leaning out the mixture (which runs hot).

Reactions: tr21triton
This used to be used in aviation to cool the air and add power for short durations. I believe it was used in conjunction with leaning out the mixture (which runs hot).
They used it for long duration flights during WWII too. It helped Allied bombers with heavy bomb loads reach and maintain their high cruising altitudes. They still use it in some aircraft, and even for some jet engines. Mechanics love working on engines with water injection, they're squeaky clean inside.

They used it for long duration flights during WWII too. It helped Allied bombers with heavy bomb loads reach and maintain their high cruising altitudes. They still use it in some aircraft, and even for some jet engines. Mechanics love working on engines with water injection, they're squeaky clean inside.
You can always tell the water injection acft like the A model KC-135...they used to leave a plume of smoke behind them on takeoff. I remember seeing them when I first enlisted thinking they must be on fire.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I did the Italian tune up on the highway a few days ago and got a scary raspy noise from my engine bay I believe.

Dropped the rpms and it instantly went away then I went back to 3500-3600 and it did it again. I could smell a tiny little bit of burning (no smoke). It’s possible that it was my 42rle transmission that needs replaced but I don’t believe it was.

Jeep’s driving fine since then. Maybe one of the newish idler pulleys weren’t happy with the higher rpms and 7up in the gas tank.

200.gif

wow this Italian tune is great. so my tank being half full i took the garden hose hose and filled her up ! wow, took her out on the hwy and in 1st gear at 80mph (tach was pegged so dont know actual rpm's) but when the number 1 and number 4 pistons went threw the hood it was like getting a cold air system for free ! it must of freed up the remaining 2 pistons and it was like when batman would put the afterburner to the bat mobile ! i started in Georgia and couldn't get stopped until somewhere half way threw Mississippi...

Just be careful using this mixture and getting to 88MPH. The Flux Capacitor is pretty picky about the water you use in the tank.

• Haha
Reactions: tr21triton