It would be very nice...

Misinformation. That’s all that’s out there. News outlets , internet, etc. either someone trying to scam an unsuspecting person out of something or , someone trying to cram their agenda down my throat. I quit watching the news a long time ago.

How do you figure out who to believe?

This is where I've been for some time. Every single time I have knowledge of a local news event, the news gets it wrong and/or hypes the Hell out of it. There was a broken down motorhome that was always parked on the same stretch of road that I'd pass on my way to work. Went that way for several weeks. I guess they went to bust him for it, and apparently found guns - oh, shock and horror! - in the vehicle (This was in Commiefornia, what do you expect?). Local news blew it up into a "terrorist" story because the power plant was 1/4 mile away...

Another time I was out for my usual walk at lunchtime, and noted several dead fish in the local drainage ditches. Local news was out taping, and I got roped into it (never again!). Their first question was "When you saw the fish, were you frightened?" Really? What The Frack?

Neighbor down the road when I was a kid had his own landing strip and a Beechcraft Bonanza. Sometimes there would be 8 or 10 Bonanzas there of a weekend. Drunk pilot of one of them managed to pancake it in a nearby field. News report said he was going northbound to attempt a southbound landing. No - he was actually going westbound attempting an eastbound landing. At least it wasn't hyped and the error was minor.

Reactions: Peppergat and R49
The why is easy. There are many agendas being pushed at every turn. I actually do not watch any televised news programming whatsoever. If something is important like the Supreme Court decision that "bans abortion", I try to find the decision and read it for myself. The decision does not ban abortion, it returns the decision back to the individual States to decide for themselves. That is not banning anything nor should the Fed get involved with a personal decision of that nature in the original manner in which they did it. It was flawed from the start and really had no chance of passing muster by any court that understands the rule of law.

ya , some are not real clear on that.

your chosen example is a topic of much controversy and man i'd love to spout off here, but i'll bite my tongue and leave it with............the problem is who they gave the power of the choice back to.

Don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
As mrblaine said, do your own research.
And another thing, civics and the constitution haven’t been taught in public schools for years.

Our country has become populated with ignorant morons who can’t think for themselves and believe whatever the media tells them to believe.

This ends my rant, thank you for reading.

Reactions: Peppergat