Itrac

Tony Moore

Has anyone used or tried the ITRAC. My wife and I go out alone alot and I have been looking at this it looks a lot like the spot.

I found them on eBay they say they're made for jeeps and they work satellite and cellular to keep track of them at www.itracks.com is where I found the company. On ebay I searched for off road gps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I personally have no experience with this, but what's keeping you from using the Garmin map software or something similar on your smartphone?

The only difference would be if you break down it send emails to whom ever you want and let's them know where you are. Supposedly even if you don't have a cell signal it uses satellite but it doesn't say what the cost is.

The only difference would be if you break down it send emails to whom ever you want and let's them know where you are. Supposedly even if you don't have a cell signal it uses satellite but it doesn't say what the cost is.

I gotcha! I purchased a satellite phone which you can get for pretty cheap now for absolute emergencies.

Anything that tries to track me just gives me the creeps. That being said, an EPIRB on a boat is a good idea in most cases. I wonder if there is something like that for land? It doesn't track you. When you trigger it, it obtains a GPS / GLONASS position and transmits that and an emergency signal to a SAR center. The beacon can be homed in on once you get close enough.

The spot works OK you can turn it on then send the emergency signal.theyused to want a one year contract I had it for three years the serv
I didn't renew my subscription a few years later I called to check pm service they said I owed for the 2-3 years of inactive service because I did not call and cancel.