Its official! I'm a Jeep owner now!

Xposure

TJ Enthusiast
Well I got a 1999! 135k miles, I6, 32RH freshly rebuilt with warranty, Ford 8.8 rear with disk brakes, high pinion Dana 30 front, Gobi roof rack, winch, 33" tires, 4" lift by Rough Country which I'm slowly going to swap out with Currie parts. All the steering has been replaced and steers nice and tight. Has a full set (all 3 seats) of REALLY nice Bartact seat covers.

Fixing to order a set of 5000X shocks along with a water pump and new thermostat for preventive. Need to get a jack since it didn’t some with one, need to get a good 12v air compressor to take on trails. Also want to relocate the mirrors so I have mirrors when I take the doors off but it sounds like no one makes anything good that stays permanently mounted. Also trying to figure out a way to keep the top from slapping the roof rack, it’s very hard and I’d imagine it will eventually run through the top.

Super excited to strap our camping gear to the roof and me and my son go camping and off-roading!

29A87A65-04AA-42EB-8CF1-A6A8AC7E24B1.jpeg

EDB7CF46-141A-4F5E-A09E-3A2C216AA550.jpeg
441D9A90-9A70-4D91-A0BF-968708AF480E.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats it’s a nice color!

Thanks! My wife realllly wanted one that was white and black....but it was just too hard to find a good one that was both white, auto, and in good shape with some goodies on it. I just couldn’t pass this one up and I think if I didn’t get it my son (13yr old) may have fallen apart...once he saw it he was just crazy excited over it....I kept having to say “well we may not get it” and try to keep him grounded about it. Hahaha.

Reactions: EJD and tomtaylz
Congrats, nice looking Jeep!

Feels great doesn’t it?

Wait till you take off the doors and top!

Cheers and welcome to the best Jeep site I have found. And I’m including NAXJA which is a pretty great site.

Reactions: Xposure
Great find...looks like you have all the gear to get you into trouble and back out of it again....lol

Feels great doesn’t it?

Cheers and welcome to the best Jeep site I have found. And I’m including NAXJA which is a pretty great site.
X2 and even better this forum isnt blocked by the DoD/military network. I can browse at work.

Reactions: Artemis

Feels great doesn’t it?

We literally took all the sides off to drive over 150 miles home....then as soon as we pulled into the driveway we dropped the top, pulled the doors off, and got my wife and daughter to go riding with us? Pretty awesome! I’m very excited to have something fun to do with my son. We all go on camping trips together so this is awesome because it gives us something fun to do when we go camping!

Congrats. Very nice looking Jeep!

When you can, mind posting the brand of the front and rear fenders? I haven’t seen those before and am researching replacements for my Jeep.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got a 1999! 135k miles, I6, 32RH freshly rebuilt with warranty, Ford 8.8 rear with disk brakes, high pinion Dana 30 front, Gobi roof rack, winch, 33" tires, 4" lift by Rough Country which I'm slowly going to swap out with Currie parts. All the steering has been replaced and steers nice and tight. Has a full set (all 3 seats) of REALLY nice Bartact seat covers.

Fixing to order a set of 5000X shocks along with a water pump and new thermostat for preventive. Need to get a jack since it didn’t some with one, need to get a good 12v air compressor to take on trails. Also want to relocate the mirrors so I have mirrors when I take the doors off but it sounds like no one makes anything good that stays permanently mounted. Also trying to figure out a way to keep the top from slapping the roof rack, it’s very hard and I’d imagine it will eventually run through the top.

Super excited to strap our camping gear to the roof and me and my son go camping and off-roading!

View attachment 48495
View attachment 48497 View attachment 48496

Beautiful rig! Love the set up and the Fenders

Looks pretty clean to me! How is the frame on this one?

It’s all real clean...no rust issues :) The axles have been replaced with a Ford 8.8 and high pinion 30, they came from another vehicle and do have a little surface rust on them but all the gears inside have been replaced with new...aside from that everything else is clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Nicholas
Congrats. Very nice looking Jeep!

When you can, mind posting the brand of the front and rear fenders? I haven’t seen those before and am researching replacements for my Jeep.

Thanks.

06lj covered it with the link....but I’d like to say that they really are very nice and high quality. They are very strong and sturdy, I actually climbed up onto the rear one to look at the rack and top....they are well made and extremely solid.