It's only money!

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I spent money today !!

Some time in July the lockers quit engaging. I finally addressed that issue this week. The easy part was replacing the transfer case position switch. But that was only the mechanical problem.

Then came tracing down the electrical gremlins.
Things which quit over the past 3 months.

Interior dome lights.
Second power supply beside the cigarette lighter.
The 4WD and Front/Rear Locker dash indicator lights.
The Locker Switch.

All take power from the same wire, buried in a wire loom with 200 other wires running from the under hood fuse box, behind the battery and into the dash.Amazingly, after opening the wire loom, the only corroded wire was on top. Splice in a 12" piece of wire, DONE !!!! Everything works like new again.

The shop also replaced the heater core under warranty and rebuilt the front driveline from the transfer case to the pinion.

I found a shop I can trust a few years ago in Spokane, WA. The guys at Tune Tech on Monroe are amazing !!! As is Jade who runs the shop. It is a 5 hour drive to get there but every time I leave, I'm confident the work was complete and done right. Well worth the motel room and 10 hour drive. And warranty.... they did the second heater core replacement free, a 4 hour job. The electrical gremlins took 2 hours to trace and repair. At times other mechanics would look in to offer advice. And knowing I had a 5 hour drive home they hung around till the job was done at 5:45. An amazing crew. Not many shops excell in customer service today but these guys could write a book on it.

I spent money today !!

Some time in July the lockers quit engaging. I finally addressed that issue this week. The easy part was replacing the transfer case position switch. But that was only the mechanical problem.

Then came tracing down the electrical gremlins.
Things which quit over the past 3 months.

Interior dome lights.
Second power supply beside the cigarette lighter.
The 4WD and Front/Rear Locker dash indicator lights.
The Locker Switch.

All take power from the same wire, buried in a wire loom with 200 other wires running from the under hood fuse box, behind the battery and into the dash.Amazingly, after opening the wire loom, the only corroded wire was on top. Splice in a 12" piece of wire, DONE !!!! Everything works like new again.

The shop also replaced the heater core under warranty and rebuilt the front driveline from the transfer case to the pinion.

I found a shop I can trust a few years ago in Spokane, WA. The guys at Tune Tech on Monroe are amazing !!! As is Jade who runs the shop. It is a 5 hour drive to get there but every time I leave, I'm confident the work was complete and done right. Well worth the motel room and 10 hour drive. And warranty.... they did the second heater core replacement free, a 4 hour job. The electrical gremlins took 2 hours to trace and repair. At times other mechanics would look in to offer advice. And knowing I had a 5 hour drive home they hung around till the job was done at 5:45. An amazing crew. Not many shops excell in customer service today but these guys could write a book on it.
That is a fantastic story and a shop like that deserves recognition.

I own a small business and I am passionate about what I do and I love to see stories of people who care about what they give their customers.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That is a fantastic story and a shop like that deserves recognition.

I own a small business and I am passionate about what I do and I love to see stories of people who care about what they give their customers.
Amen to that !!

Reactions: AndyG