I've always had a thing for actual yellow fog lights

Jeep's "fog lights" come with clear lenses too Squatch, that doesn't mean they're as good as the same lights would be if they had amber lenses or amber bulbs. Marketing often drives what something is called, we all know that.

Reactions: Zorba and Squatch
No fog tonight when coming home from work but here’s a shot with only the fog lights on.

B4948843-F032-4F3A-8C2A-2CB2DC6340EE.jpeg

I can say that the yellow PIAA fog lights I had on my old TJ were orders of magnitude more effective at cutting through the fog then the Chinese LED “fog lights” on my LJ.

That said, they were close to $200 for the pair vs $40 for these.

Ultimately I decided not to fork over the cash since I rarely used them as intended and decided to go with these flood lights that generally get used to light up camp sites.

I can say that the yellow PIAA fog lights I had on my old TJ were orders of magnitude more effective at cutting through the fog then the Chinese LED “fog lights” on my LJ.

Most of the cheap LED lights you see advertise themselves as LED Work Light Bar Floodlight Fog/Driving Lamp Offroad lights. They do none of these things well, but they SUCK as fog lights.
I originally had cheap halogen fog lights on the Muddog, but eventually replaced them with Hellas.

Most of the cheap LED lights you see advertise themselves as LED Work Light Bar Floodlight Fog/Driving Lamp Offroad lights. They do none of these things well, but they SUCK as fog lights.
I originally had cheap halogen fog lights on the Muddog, but eventually replaced them with Hellas.

No doubt. They work great as flood lights- wide, unfocused beam. But as fogs, they are garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jerry Bransford had made a comment about marketing earlier on in this thread. I think this qualifies as a perfect example...:facepalm:

I’l say this- I bought a pair of 2x2 square LED “driving lights” for ~ $20. After flush mounting my rear lights, I wired one of them to the back up light circuit.

Now, I light up everything behind me. Definitely one of the best upgrades I’ve done.
image.jpg

Can the lenses be rotated 90 degrees?

View attachment 67740

The yellow Hellas? I’m not sure. I had the front trim piece and lens off to put the bulbs in and I noticed the lens appeared to be held in with some metal spring clip thingys. I didn’t really look to see if they could be rotated. I just happen to notice them when it was laying there.