Jack stand question

UND_Sioux

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
With a 4” lift, about how tall of a jack stand would I need to cycle the suspension? Do you think 24” stands would be enough? Thanks.

With a 4” lift, about how tall of a jack stand would I need to cycle the suspension? Do you think 24” stands would be enough? Thanks.
They need to be tall enough to support the frame at about ride height. How high is your frame?

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but.........
Most 6 ton stands will top out around 24" or a little less.
You could always make a stable pad for under them if you need more height.
If that helps at all.

Reactions: SSTJ and Irun
You can always use some blocks below jack stands if you need more height!

IMG_7279.jpg

The rear stands are fine, but the front is a accident waiting to happen.
The accident would involve the axle dropping down a few inches, not exactly a world ender unless for some reason you put your head under the axle and the axle somehow reached the ground but a valid point.

Holy Cow!!! It took me way too long before I noticed the blocks under those blue jack stands and I'm using a decent size wide screen monitor. Maybe I'm just getting old.
I should have circled the blocks, so they would be more obvious. I didnt have any side photos

The rear stands are fine, but the front is a accident waiting to happen.
The accident would involve the axle dropping down a few inches, not exactly a world ender unless for some reason you put your head under the axle and the axle somehow reached the ground but a valid point.
I was aware for the front one but I didn’t have any better solution, so I was just extra careful

Reactions: pagrey