Jack stands

John Cooper

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Has anyone tried the HF 12 ton Jack Stands?
Screenshot_20221118-080029_copy_600x1333.jpg

I don't really need them perse, but I figured they would be better than the worn out 6 tons that I have had for around 20 years or more. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mine are so bad, I think I only have one stand left, that the cold rolled pin isn't broken on. :oops:

I have never needed more than the 6-ton version. The 23.75" maximum height of the 6-ton version is usually enough. If not, thats what cribbing is for. I'm not sure that I could fit the 19.75" minimum height of the 12-ton version under any of the vehicles I need to support other than mu LJ, which renders the 12-ton version of limited use for me.

I have never needed more than the 6-ton version. The 23.75" maximum height of the 6-ton version is usually enough. If not, thats what cribbing is for. I'm not sure that I could fit the 19.75" minimum height of the 12-ton version under any of the vehicles I need to support other than mu LJ, which renders the 12-ton version of limited use for me.

I get that also. But until I can purchase a lift, I can jack all my vehicles up high enough to use them.

I hate laying on my back in the cold weather, it's been broke twice and the cold really gets me.

I ordered some OTC 3 tons and they are ok for what I do but I will say I wish I had spent more and went with 6 ton. The reason is the size. The 3 ton stands are tiny compared to my old trusty 6 ton OTC set. I know size doesn't always matter but I have always been a bigger is better type of guy.

With that said 6 ton would get my vote if working on jeeps or other autos. The stronger rated stands are ok but the extra gerth can be a pain sometimes.

Reactions: JMT and John Cooper

It depends on the rig and where they are going. I have two under the front bumper crossmember which is a touch higher than the belly frame.

I have four 12's, four 6's and four 3's.

Reactions: John Cooper
It depends on the rig and where they are going. I have two under the front bumper crossmember which is a touch higher than the belly frame.

I have four 12's, four 6's and four 3's.

I am honestly looking at them to work on our 2007 Nissan murano. Alternator went bad, I want it up high enough so I don't have to scrunch up in the wheel well to get everything out of the way.

I am honestly looking at them to work on our 2007 Nissan murano. Alternator went bad, I want it up high enough so I don't have to scrunch up in the wheel well to get everything out of the way.

You can get to the too high but not high enough point too. Too high to comfortably reach for a long period of time but not high enough that you can sit under it which would be more comfortable.

A reason I now have a creeper that has a back that raises up.

You can get to the too high but not high enough point too. Too high to comfortably reach for a long period of time but not high enough that you can sit under it which would be more comfortable.

A reason I now have a creeper that has a back that raises up.

That's next on my list!!!!!

Only because it's about $4xxx.xx cheaper than the lift I want :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Apparition
  • Haha
Reactions: L J and John Cooper
I'm jealous.

We got lucky, when we had our tractor dealership we had a 80x150 shop with 25 foot ceilings. We got a bargain in it, kept it 10 year's. Sold it downsized and built this one.

I am slowly trying to clean it back up and organize it.

We just seem to have to much stuff 🤫 🤫 my dad calls it things we might use one day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We got lucky, when we had our tractor dealership we had a 80x150 shop with 25 foot ceilings. We got a bargain in it, kept it 10 year's. Sold it downsized and built this one.

I am slowly trying to clean it back up and organize it.

We just seem to have to much stuff 🤫 🤫 my dad calls it things we might use one day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dunno...I see that shop picture and think...Man, that guy needs more stuff. Look at that open wall and floor space!

And if I had that space, I would have a lift, no question about it.

• Love
Reactions: JMT and John Cooper
I dunno...I see that shop picture and think...Man, that guy needs more stuff. Look at that open wall and floor space!

And if I had that space, I would have a lift, no question about it.

Oh I want a lift, I will eventually have a lift.

More stuff yes, but stuff has to go first!!!!

You should have seen how much scrap I have hauled to the recycling place :eek:tractor bumper weights, wheel weights. Pounds and pounds of ultra cheap grade Chinese bolts.

Mom alzhimers has kind of got everything on hold for now. We are just trying to help Dad as best we can.

Reactions: ColoJeep and JMT