Wyoming Jackson Hole

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
I won a condo for a week in Jackson Hole, besides Yellowstone what other things should I make sure to see or do ?

Thanks

What do I do the other 6 days 🤔

If you only spend one day in the Tetons you’re doing it wrong 😆

What time of year do you plan to go?

Just a few ideas:
Bike on the path that parallels the Teton Park Road
Take a walk around Jenny Lake
Watch the sunset from the Snake River Overlook (think Ansel Adams)
Float down the Snake River
Fish
Go off road to see Cave Falls and Sheep Falls in Yellowstone NP (you could spend a whole week in Yellowstone and not see everything)

Reactions: Plumber1
If you only spend one day in the Tetons you’re doing it wrong 😆

What time of year do you plan to go?

Just a few ideas:
Bike on the path that parallels the Teton Park Road
Take a walk around Jenny Lake
Watch the sunset from the Snake River Overlook (think Ansel Adams)
Float down the Snake River
Fish
Go off road to see Cave Falls and Sheep Falls in Yellowstone NP (you could spend a whole week in Yellowstone and not see everything)

I think late spring to maybe summer

Yeah, don't rush Yellowstone. We did and while it was awesome, it felt like we barely got out of the tour bus and then had to get back on. That said, we rented one for our (large) family alone and the tour guide was awesome and full of knowledge you don't get in brochures. I'd do that 8 hr tour again.
Jenny Lake and the hike up and around is spectacular. I went out each morning before sunrise to hike and set up for a photo - Snake River, Moulton Barn, Oxbow Bend and the surrounding marshy area, etc. Not sure I'd do that again, at least not with all my camera equipment.
The Barn morning, I became surrounded by the Jackson Bison herd before first light - that was a pucker moment..

And just to not forget about 6 Degrees of separation, My yet to be named yellow LJ was originally sold by Yellowstone Country Motors up in Livingston MT.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Late June, on into the whole summer. Fall is nice too. Don't bother with May, it could snow on you.
Enjoy, we haven't been up there in quite a while.
@nk24 has a nice list

Definitely wait until summer. Spring in Wyoming is unpredictable. Last time I was in the Yellowstone area was in early July and we got snow flurries one day.

Reactions: Claytone