Jazngab's 2003 TJ Impatient Build

jazngab

Done but not quite finished
Supporting Member
Thanks for checking out my Jeep! Pics when first purchased Aug 24,2018. 2003 X. 93k miles. 30/35. 2” spacer lift with 32s.

Last edited:
Great shots! Love the ones of you fording the stream with the other Jeeps behind you.

Reactions: jazngab
Thanks! We were lucky to have a jeeper (who’s jeep was in the shop) take some great pics on the trail

@jazngab , you’re masking great choices. This is basically the dream rig of many who went to 33’s and wish they’d stayed at 31’s. @bobthetj03 , did you catch this build?

What do you have planned next? Winch maybe. What UCF Skid did you go with?

Reactions: bobthetj03
@jazngab , you’re masking great choices. This is basically the dream rig of many who went to 33’s and wish they’d stayed at 31’s. @bobthetj03 , did you catch this build?

What do you have planned next? Winch maybe. What UCF Skid did you go with?

Thanks @JMT ! Like everyone else I have the urge to go bigger. I just love the look of 33s. My next set of tires will prob be 32s, so it’ll be a nice compromise. But that won’t be for a long time as my tires are pretty much brand new. My goal of my build is to build a very capable off road Jeep while staying true to its stock form. I take into account when many people, such as @Chris, say they wish they had stuck with 31s. I just don’t want to spiral down that path of chasing mods to do other mods.

Got my regear to 4.10 and Dana 44 axle with LSD swap appt scheduled next month so I’m excited about that. (Planned to do the swap myself but only charging $200 to do the swap for me). After that Currie AR on the horizon. And flirting with the idea of I “need” a winch. But I would like one. Most likely stick with stock bumpers. Maybe swap the rear bumper for a dirtworx. The UCF skid i have is the oil pan tranny aluminum skid that connects to the transfer case.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks @JMT ! Like everyone else I have the urge to go bigger. I just love the look of 33s. My next set of tires will prob be 32s, so it’ll be a nice compromise. But that won’t be for a long time as my tires are pretty much brand new. My goal of my build is to build a very capable off road Jeep while staying true to its stock form. I take into account when many people, such as @Chris, say they wish they had stuck with 31s. I just don’t want to spiral down that path of chasing mods to do other mods.

Got my regear to 4.10 and Dana 44 axle with LSD swap appt scheduled next month so I’m excited about that. (Planned to do the swap myself but only charging $200 to do the swap for me). After that Currie AR on the horizon. And flirting with the idea of I “need” a winch. But I would like one. Most likely stick with stock bumpers. Maybe swap the rear bumper for a dirtworx. The UCF skid i have is the oil pan tranny aluminum skid that connects to the transfer case.
You might only "Need" a winch once in your life,,,but for a 300.00 investment, I think its worth it,,,and it makes your Jeep TJ look really "Cool"

I take into account when many people, such as @Chris, say they wish they had stuck with 31s. I just don’t want to spiral down that path of chasing mods to do other mods.

Believe me, don't.

Unless you actually find a reason that you need 35s and all this other stuff, avoid it at all costs. It's expensive, it's addicting, and it's a serious rabbit hole.

I was kidding myself that I ever needed 35s, when 31s and a 2" lift is all I'd ever need for what we use the TJ for.

As Blaine put it, I'm a "mod collector". I got sucked into that rabbit hole!

Reactions: B252 and jazngab
Great looking rig brah! I ran my TJ pretty much the same the first 5 years of ownership. 2.5" lift on 31's, and wheeled the snot out of it in that configuration. Wishing I left well enough alone, but down the rabbit hole I went, 32's after the 31's wore out, then 33's, then re-gear, brakes, etc.

Great looking rig brah! I ran my TJ pretty much the same the first 5 years of ownership. 2.5" lift on 31's, and wheeled the snot out of it in that configuration. Wishing I left well enough alone, but down the rabbit hole I went, 32's after the 31's wore out, then 33's, then re-gear, brakes, etc.
Thanks! I think I’m going to learn from your experiences and stay 31s/32s. I don’t think I would have gotten the regear if it wasn’t for the new Dana 44. I think I tripped and fell into a small rabbit hole lol.

Thanks! I think I’m going to learn from your experiences and stay 31s/32s. I don’t think I would have gotten the regear if it wasn’t for the new Dana 44. I think I tripped and fell into a small rabbit hole lol.

Leave your shovel at home, or you may find yourself inadvertently digging deeper to see what's down there, lol!