jbjenkin's 2004 Jeep Wrangler "Rocky Mountain Edition"

jbjenkins

Supporting Member
2004 RME

IMG_1731.jpg

Nice Jeep ...I didn't know that the RME was a thing.....what are the differences between that an a regular TJ.?

Nice Jeep ...I didn't know that the RME was a thing.....what are the differences between that an a regular TJ.?

My 2005 is a RME. Came with Track Lok rear Dana 44, rear disk brakes, 3.73, unique seats with "Jeep" logo embroidered, silver center radio bezel, and RME decal among other things. Just a package of options.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
My 2005 is a RME. Came with Track Lok rear Dana 44, rear disk brakes, 3.73, unique seats with "Jeep" logo embroidered, silver center radio bezel, and RME decal among other things. Just a package of options.
Yes the 2004 is the same configuration. I am pretty sure the rims are the only difference.

· Rear Dana 44. Stronger rear axle than the Dana 35.

· Stock 3.73 gears (bearable up to 33" tires)

· Wider, Rubicon width flares (allows you to run wider tires and still be close to legal in States that require full tire coverage)

· Alcoa aluminum wheels (only in '04), a very nice wheel with a big lip to help hold your tire bead when aired down. However, you need wheel spacers to run wider than a 10.5" tire.

· 2 Tone Seats. Better looking than regular X or Sport seats
The seats are also embossed with the Jeep name and I think they are very nice. The Dana 44 will have 3.73 gearing.
Rocker guards came standard.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I have the black 04 RME, the oem wheels were gone when I purchased it.

View attachment 115190
Do you plan on putting it back to factory? I hate you don't have the Alcoa rims. I love them. I get a lot of complements on the seats. I replaced my goodyear tires with Dick Cepek. They are 95% quieter and smooth. I bought a factory style brush guard will post picks when I put it on. It is too hot here in Louisiana to work on it right now.

Last edited:
They not only removed the fog lights they cut up the harness, I have replacement lights and need to repair the wiring harness when I get some time. As nice as the Alcoa wheels are I actually like the black wheels and will spend my money elsewhere. Living in New England and finding a TJ with a good frame I need to make some time to clean the inside of the frame and get it painted inside and out with frame treatment before the it gets cold and snowy.
Nice Jeep by the way

Reactions: jbjenkins
Black rims do look good. Mine were blacked out for a while. I pressure washed them back aluminum. Definitely protect against rust. I do not have salt here, but wash mud off religiously. Go to a jamboree if you have not been. Fun!

We had a jamboree not to far away the other day but I have too many things going on and couldn’t go. Back in the day we had van and four wheel drive jamborees and some nice motorcycle rallies, sucks when you get older and start talking like your father!
Back to the RME jeeps my dog was waiting for a ride today, good thing I took the keys out.
B823E00A-0A0E-4CEB-B67A-8295551DA344.jpeg