jbjenkin's 2004 Jeep Wrangler "Rocky Mountain Edition"

Picked up an 04 RME —- why do i only have 1 RME Sticker? Was it only on one side? Trail Rated badges on both sides.
Also i dont have the Alcoas .. Got studded on steelies. But have all the alcoa caps and randoms in a ziplock that came in the back. Cant use em. Heres my RME

received_2502992819924330.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
No more Rocky Mountain Editions out there, let’s see some pictures.

I have a 2003 RME. The only notable options it came with are black vinyl seats front and back and body colour matched 4" wide fenders. The build sheet says it is the "Rocky Mountain Edition Group" but it does not specifically define what that is. The build sheet also says that it had "All Aluminum Wheels" but when I got it it had chrome steel wheels. I put Ravine wheels on it and later MOAB wheels.

picture.jpg

I have a 2003 RME. The only notable options it came with are black vinyl seats front and back and body colour matched 4" wide fenders. The build sheet says it is the "Rocky Mountain Edition Group" but it does not specifically define what that is. The build sheet also says that it had "All Aluminum Wheels" but when I got it it had chrome steel wheels. I put Ravine wheels on it and later MOAB wheels.

View attachment 139641
Mine has a sticker on passenger side , silver dash bezel, seat embroidered with Jeepbaxk.seats to.match. Dana 44 axle. Disc brakes in rear. Rock slidersand fog lights with The stock Alcoa wheel on The carrier but didnt get tbe other 4 wheels

Mine has a sticker on passenger side , silver dash bezel, seat embroidered with Jeepbaxk.seats to.match. Dana 44 axle. Disc brakes in rear. Rock slidersand fog lights with The stock Alcoa wheel on The carrier but didnt get the other 4 wheels
Also is not open diff..

They came
Picked up an 04 RME —- why do i only have 1 RME Sticker? Was it only on one side? Trail Rated badges on both sides.
Also i dont have the Alcoas .. Got studded on steelies. But have all the alcoa caps and randoms in a ziplock that came in the back. Cant use em. Heres my RME

View attachment 139622
with just 1 RME sticker. I bought another and put on opposite side.

I wondered why the seats were different, and curious what axles I had, turns out better deal then I thought plus only had 72k miles on it.
If you have any issues ask me. I have replaced a few items that have went out from age. Like a/c switch, oil pressure sensor, idle air controller. I drive mine to work every day.

Is this the RME club? 🍻 Calling @Stretch

I found mine last year on Craigslist with 109K and bought it from the 2nd owner, who had bought it from a dealer. It didn’t have any RME stickers (cheap front end paint job most likely done by dealer to hide scratches and chips?), but it was otherwise stock. Without the stickers, the seller didn't realize what he had and I got an amazing deal on it (it did need a bunch of minor work and a major cleaning).

See my profile for the mods I've done since purchase. It's not pretty, but it's been reliable and fun on the mild/moderate trails I run.

@jbjenkins did you add the custom lettering to the hood? I've never seen that before.

Reactions: Chris

I found mine last year on Craigslist with 109K and bought it from the 2nd owner, who had bought it from a dealer. It didn’t have any RME stickers (cheap front end paint job most likely done by dealer to hide scratches and chips?), but it was otherwise stock. Without the stickers, the seller didn't realize what he had and I got an amazing deal on it (it did need a bunch of minor work and a major cleaning).

See my profile for the mods I've done since purchase. It's not pretty, but it's been reliable and fun on the mild/moderate trails I run.

@jbjenkins did you add the custom lettering to the hood? I've never seen that before.
Yes I added the hood decal. Ebay has a nice selection and youtube has great tutorials on applying. You can find the fender decals also. I was lucky to find this one with original rims.

Reactions: RMETeeJay

Hahaha yes!
I’m like you... my RME was bone stock and the owner had no idea what he was selling... I got it for $7k (canadian so like a $1.50 USD 😀) .... I’ve done quite a bit with mine this past year. Luckily mine came with the Alcoa’s like I know a few others didn’t. Mine is also run on mild trails ... fire road etc in the Rockies.
6C168DE6-4496-4BC8-AB8E-56CA3F40876C.jpeg