Jeep # 2

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok so it's 2 wheel drive 2001 Grand Cherokee as my other vehicle. We hauled it down here when we moved and it hasn't ran properly for about a year. We had our mechanic look at it several times and he could not figure out why it was not running like it should and it drove him crazy. We did have some other things changed such as radiator and spark plugs but he basically gave up on it and we were moving anyway. I replaced the TPS this afternoon with info had gotten on other Jeep forums and it might have fixed it. I hope so because that way I won't be driving my "real" jeep around everyday.

The moral of the story is that these forums are an invaluable source of information. Thanks Chris for making one that is easily navigated and fun to be a part of:D

Reactions: Chris
Ok so it's 2 wheel drive 2001 Grand Cherokee as my other vehicle. We hauled it down here when we moved and it hasn't ran properly for about a year. We had our mechanic look at it several times and he could not figure out why it was not running like it should and it drove him crazy. We did have some other things changed such as radiator and spark plugs but he basically gave up on it and we were moving anyway. I replaced the TPS this afternoon with info had gotten on other Jeep forums and it might have fixed it. I hope so because that way I won't be driving my "real" jeep around everyday.

The moral of the story is that these forums are an invaluable source of information. Thanks Chris for making one that is easily navigated and fun to be a part of:D

No problem! That's the goal here is to make a site that's easy to navigate and serves as a one-stop resource for everything TJ related. It's getting there!

What kind of mpg does your Grand Cherokee get? I always wondered if the 2WD versions get any better mpg than the 4WD. Somehow I doubt it...

My old F250...a'79.. Had locking hubs. I did lots of locked/unlocked comparisons and never measured a mpg difference.

Hope you have resolved that issue on your Grand.