Jeep 4.0 engine / transmission / axles and associated parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ with 148K Miles. I am doing an LS Swap and have pulled the Factory 4.0 and 42RLE. I also have the factory Dana 44 Rear End and Dana 30 Front End. I will detail the parts below. All parts also fit a TJ

4.0 Engine
I bought it and wanted to go through the engine to replace all the gaskets so it would last as I had intended to keep it. Head was rebuilt by HeadWorx of Nashville. All Fel-Pro gaskets used. New FlowKooler high volume water pump was installed. The oil pan has some rust on it which is common, so I have a new oil pan and a Fel-Pro Gasket for it. I also have the rear main seal (Fel-Pro) for it but have not installed it, as I decided to do the swap. I have a brand new Mopar Radiator that I purchased as well because while I was redoing stuff I wanted the cooling system brand new. The engine is currently out of the Jeep and sitting on a stand I put together for it. The only gasket I did not replace was the timing cover gasket, as I checked the play and there was essentially none, which meant I did not need to pull the timing chain. I also have the full exhaust which has the two cats and the single one before the muffler. the tail pipe is a little rusty, but it is all there. ALso have a set of M.O.R.E. Bomb Proof motor mounts with 1" lift in them.

42RLE Transmission
Transmission shows to be a rebuilt one. Has a sticker on the pan indicating as much. I drained all the fluid and it has been sitting on a roller. I have a new oil pan with drain plug as well as a lube locker gasket and filter.

Axles
I am replacing the axles with axles designed to stand up to the power of the LS motor. I have done nothing to these. They have 3.73 gears and currently have 15" Jeep Ravine wheels that the PO painted flat black. I have 5 of them. 4 of them are on the ground on the axles. The tires are in ok shape, and would need to be replaced if dailied. I drove it around for a couple of months before deciding to upgrade it.

MISC - Have the AC Condensor and hoses as well. AC worked well.

I do NOT have the Transfer case or driveshafts. I sold those already because the original plan was just to replace the transfer case.

I hope this can all go out the door as a set, and I realize I am losing money, but I would like the space back. However I can move it to storage if necessary, so I am not taking low ball offers.

I have an engine crane to help load the items into a truck or onto a trailer.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
id like to speak with you about this set up. send me a pm or text me! 419 389 two zero eight five.

thanks!
andy

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Status
Not open for further replies.