Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Jeep & Astrophotography in the San Juans

nathanaelward

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've been spending a lot of time up at my friends house in the San Juans, helping he build another cabin. I've been practicing my Astrophotography skills as well. Last time I was up there, we had a full moon, so the stars didn't really work out. This time, you could see the milky way like crazy. I parked my Jeep earlier before sunset, got up around midnight snagged exposures of the sky and the Jeep to compose this shot. Painted light with a flashlight. Took around 8hrs total for the lighting to work out to capture the mountains without incredible noise. I had to compress it quite a bit to fit the forums requirements, but am stoked with how it turned out.

*probably should have taken a rag to the windshield, oh well.

LJR-Small-1.jpg

OP
nathanaelward

nathanaelward

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Looks great! Would you care to share camera/lens config and photo settings?

This was shot with a Canon R5, with the RF 15-35mm F2.8 L at 35mm, ISO 100, F8, and 10 second exposure with me painting light on the foreground of the Jeep with a flashlight. The sky was exposed at ISO 1600, F2.8, and a 30 second exposure.

I used a very heavy tripod as well, because my camera was out all night for stars to wind up were I wanted them in relation to the shot.

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
That’s very cool. Nice work. When you paint with the flashlight, are you moving it around during the exposure?

JeepOnDecision

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I like it with the jeep. Beautiful sky along with a flexed jeep!! It doesn't matter that it's not mine, I didn't take the photo. None of the purchased photos in my house are from my trees, creeks, etc. Talk $ and I might buy!!

OP
nathanaelward

nathanaelward

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I like it with the jeep. Beautiful sky along with a flexed jeep!! It doesn't matter that it's not mine, I didn't take the photo. None of the purchased photos in my house are from my trees, creeks, etc. Talk $ and I might buy!!
When I get around to posting them to my website I'll let you know.