Oregon Jeep Badge of Honor: Cedar Tree & Firebreak 5 (Tillamook State Forest)

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just wanted to mention to anyone interested that I drove down to the WA/OR border last night and am spending saturday today and possibly sunday tomorrow Jeeping the Tillamook State Forest and collecting the 2 BOH Jeep Badges. Only ones in the PNW so i've always wanted to get these. Cedar Tree & Firebreak 5.

Anyway, if any PNW guys wanna spontaneously meet-up...

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG

Envious! If it wasn’t for the kids I’d come up there and join you!

What is the BOH thing all about?

Envious! If it wasn’t for the kids I’d come up there and join you!

What is the BOH thing all about?
I had a free weekend with my pops and drove down, had an awesome time. I'm so impressed with my Jeep right now, it did so well on the obstacles on those trails. Aired down to 17psi, disco'd, and the TJ ate it up!

Side note: The BOH thing...i'm surprised your not familiar. It's a cool program Jeep has developed to promote Jeeping and good practices, along with pride in conquering certain off-road trail that Jeep endorses. There are 40 something trails across the US, each trail when you arrive, you check-in via Jeep App and gps somehow knows your there and allows you to confirm (even while offline or no service). Then you simply complete the trail and you get a physical "hard badge" for your Jeep! Kind of like the Trail Rated Badges but a little different. I'll attach a pic of mine. On the app, you can see where all the Jeep trails are.

In the PNW there are only 2, both in the TSF, Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five.

Only Jeep vehicles can participate as you need an account associated with a your VIN. There should probably be a thread separate on that topic though, there are most likely tons of people that have these and don't mention it.

Here are some of mine that I haven't affixed yet:
IMG_7705.JPG

Looks great, thanks for the pictures.

The family and I like that area and enjoy Camp Lookout. It is a nice campsite and coast spot.

https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=134
Oh man, i've been to Cape Lookout State Park many times, love it there! My wife and I got married in Oceanside just past Netarts over there. One of my favorite places on earth.
Like Chris, I was wondering what the BOH thing is? And how long you gonna run them Florida plates? LOL Awesome pics. Love the Canyons!
Lol, I tried to sum up the BOH thing above but like I said there should be a thread on it here soon, it's a cool program, and its Jeep specific. Everyone says that about my plates too, lmao I was gonna just run them till my registration expired, which isn't that far away but money is tight man. Especially when I weigh things like: WA registration or Disconnects...priorities, i know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
I had a free weekend with my pops and drove down, had an awesome time. I'm so impressed with my Jeep right now, it did so well on the obstacles on those trails. Aired down to 17psi, disco'd, and the TJ ate it up!

Side note: The BOH thing...i'm surprised your not familiar. It's a cool program Jeep has developed to promote Jeeping and good practices, along with pride in conquering certain off-road trail that Jeep endorses. There are 40 something trails across the US, each trail when you arrive, you check-in via Jeep App and gps somehow knows your there and allows you to confirm (even while offline or no service). Then you simply complete the trail and you get a physical "hard badge" for your Jeep! Kind of like the Trail Rated Badges but a little different. I'll attach a pic of mine. On the app, you can see where all the Jeep trails are.

In the PNW there are only 2, both in the TSF, Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five. I have collected a few on my journey West though too, some in Raucsh Creek Off-Road Park in Pennsylvania, and a newer one in the Flathead National Forest in Montana. Now these two...

Only Jeep vehicles can participate as you need an account associated with a your VIN. There should probably be a thread separate on that topic though, there are most likely tons of people that have these and don't mention it.

Here are some of mine that I haven't affixed yet:View attachment 40056

Oh man, i've been to Cape Lookout State Park many times, love it there! My wife and I got married in Oceanside just past Netarts over there. One of my favorite places on earth.
Lol, I tried to sum up the BOH thing above but like I said there should be a thread on it here soon, it's a cool program, and its Jeep specific. Everyone says that about my plates too, lmao I was gonna just run them till my registration expired, which isn't that far away but money is tight man. Especially when I weigh things like: WA registration or Disconnects...priorities, i know.

That’s so cool! Are those badges free? I assume you’ve got to pay for them. I like what they are doing though. Encouraging people to use their Jeeps!

That’s so cool! Are those badges free? I assume you’ve got to pay for them. I like what they are doing though. Encouraging people to use their Jeeps!
Nope, free of charge! All you have to have is a Jeep.

I'm guessing this is a US thing only?? :(
Says US and Canada somewhere but there are no badge trails in Canada yet...but hey, if you ever come back over to visit!...and don't worry, I think most of us are peanut butter and jealous of the incredibly amazing terrain of NZ. ;)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
So cool, I'm going to have to start doing it for fun in that case!
I think this place would be a good location contender for the Oregon meet, greet, and wheel. It would be a cool excuse to get these badges for everyone involved and obviously they have all types of camping and lodging nearby.
You don't get hassled for those Florida plates living in Washington?
Not yet! Most people are actually shocked to see plates from that far away, its usually a conversation piece. Lol.

Reactions: Chris
I think this place would be a good location contender for the Oregon meet, greet, and wheel. It would be a cool excuse to get these badges for everyone involved and obviously they have all types of camping and lodging nearby.

Not yet! Most people are actually shocked to see plates from that far away, its usually a conversation piece. Lol.

I agree, I've been there many times before, and it is a great place with a lot near by. We'll have to plan something sometime in the future so a lot of us can make it.

I know in Oregon (and most states I believe) you only have 30 days to change your license and plates if you move from out of state. If you don't, then you can get ticketed for it. Not sure how it is in Washington, but I guess you'll have to do it at some point when you need new tags, huh?

I agree, I've been there many times before, and it is a great place with a lot near by. We'll have to plan something sometime in the future so a lot of us can make it.

I know in Oregon (and most states I believe) you only have 30 days to change your license and plates if you move from out of state. If you don't, then you can get ticketed for it. Not sure how it is in Washington, but I guess you'll have to do it at some point when you need new tags, huh?
Yeah they expire this summer, so I wanted to ride it out if I could. We'll see.

What trails have you been on so far over there? I like how most of the trails have signage that kind of let you know what type of stuff your getting into before you commit to it. I will say this, even the easiest trails there had some gnarly features! Not too mention what a difference the weather plays on those trails.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
Yeah they expire this summer, so I wanted to ride it out if I could. We'll see.

What trails have you been on so far over there?

Honestly, it's been long enough I can't remember, we're talking years. However, that one you posted in the photo looks very, very familiar, so I want to say I did it before. Which trail is it?

Honestly, it's been long enough I can't remember, we're talking years. However, that one you posted in the photo looks very, very familiar, so I want to say I did it before. Which trail is it?
The two I did with badges are Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five.

The two I did with badges are Cedar Tree and Firebreak Five.

Yep, those sound familiar. I never tried to do any of the really tough stuff. I don't mind getting dirty, but I'm not one of those guys who wants to roll my Jeep, haha! I know guys with bashed up XJs who don't even give a crap, but they paid maybe $1500 for them!