Jeep Badge of Honor

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Ok, so it has come to my attention that some Jeepers aren't aware of this program.

Jeep® vehicle owners and off-road enthusiasts like you are already sharing stories and photos from some of the most exciting trails in the United States with the Jeep Badge of Honor app. This official online community and mobile app connects fans of the Jeep brand and celebrates challenging terrain, famous trails and the off-road way of life.

It’s easy to get started — just download the app, sign up, check in, and upload and share muddy photos and trail tips online to start earning points — think of it as a virtual Jeep Wave. When you’ve proven yourself to be an off-road expert, we’ll send you a Hard Badge to add to your Jeep vehicle, so everyone can see just how Trail Rated® you are. Show pictures in article.

Since the launch of Jeep Badge of Honor, the community has continued to grow, and with it the number of trails, now up to 44. Each trail is rated for difficulty, and includes maps, trail information and photos from community members who have conquered the trail and returned to tell the story. The app will continue to work even without cell reception, so make sure to embrace the true ethos of off-roading and explore the far reaches each trail.

BadgeOfHonorBadges-494x371.jpg

As you check in, complete trails and post photos, you’ll earn Trail Points and status in the community. The more trails you visit, the muddier you get your Jeep vehicle and the more photos you share, the closer you’ll get to achieving the coveted Trail Expert status in the online off-road community.

And that status carries over in the real world. Each trail features a unique Hard Badge for you to collect and display on your Jeep vehicle. All you need to do is validate your vehicle with its 17-digit VIN number, then check in to the trails. Once your check-in is confirmed, we’ll start sending you badges for your Jeep vehicle.

As you explore the Badge of Honor community and smartphone app, be sure to check out the Off-Roading 101 section. This section features tips — or reminders — on off-roading culture, including basic information, safety awareness, history and guidelines for driving a Jeep 4×4 vehicle on a variety of terrains. Familiarize yourself with the basics, and then start planning your first of many adventures.

Join in “celebrating off-road enthusiasts who’ve chosen the road less traveled” — anywhere and everywhere you go. Download the Badge of Honor app for iPhone® or Android™ and start exploring. See you on the trails — and online. Learn more about the program and vehicle registration at jeep.com/badge-of-honor.

IMG_7705.JPG

Reactions: Kathy and Chris
Sounds good, doesn't really work. I submitted one badge request in July of 2016 and it still just says submitted. Never received the badge. The app is also a disaster (it didn't work for months at a time). I have seen jeeps with these badges, but they must've got them at a time where jeep cared about the app.

Reactions: Chris
Hmm, that sounds pretty cool.
Oh it is, and i'm surprised not many have heard of this as its been running since 2014 but Cali has many of these trails if your interested. The app has since improved some, i've only had an issue getting one of my badges but I have got them all and I have 6 total so far of the 44 there is.
Sounds good, doesn't really work. I submitted one badge request in July of 2016 and it still just says submitted. Never received the badge. The app is also a disaster (it didn't work for months at a time). I have seen jeeps with these badges, but they must've got them at a time where jeep cared about the app.
You can just email them and someone will manually send you the one you have on your app's profile your trying to receive. Especially if they can see that you have checked in on the trail, and submitted it...I would certainly try.

I also have 6 and they usually take 12 weeks to make it to the mailbox from the time you submit the form. Which trail btw, out of curiosity?

I think it's a very cool idea. I wouldn't put the badges on my Jeep (that would look tacky I think), but I'd put them on my toolbox or my wall (or something). I think it's a cool idea to engage people and get them to use their Jeeps for what they were meant for.

I think it's a very cool idea. I wouldn't put the badges on my Jeep (that would look tacky I think), but I'd put them on my toolbox or my wall (or something). I think it's a cool idea to engage people and get them to use their Jeeps for what they were meant for.
I agree on the tacky thing, though its a matter of placement really. Some i've seen look decent in some areas, and some look really off. I haven't mounted mine on my Jeep yet for that very reason, though I have been toying around with putting them on the inside of the TJ on the passenger airbag dash panel (in rows). Rear hardtop glass is also a good location.

My only hesitation to mount on the body is that the bezels of the badges are chrome, and I don't have anything chrome on my Jeep at all, so I would either mask the face of the badge and spray them with my body color paint so they would blend in better or I may just collect them and never mount them at all.

I agree on the tacky thing, though its a matter of placement really. Some i've seen look decent in some areas, and some look really off. I haven't mounted mine on my Jeep yet for that very reason, though I have been toying around with putting them on the inside of the TJ on the passenger airbag dash panel (in rows). Rear hardtop glass is also a good location.

My only hesitation to mount on the body is that the bezels of the badges are chrome, and I don't have anything chrome on my Jeep at all, so I would either mask the face of the badge and spray them with my body color paint so they would blend in better or I may just collect them and never mount them at all.

I saw a guy put all of those badges on his JK on the fenders right by where the "Jeep" decal is, and it just looked ugly, particularly because they are chrome as you mentioned. I'm not sure where I would put them. Maybe I'd just put them on a wall in my garage or something. A few might look cool on the Jeep, but if you had 10 or so, then it would start looking stupid.

Oh it is, and i'm surprised not many have heard of this as its been running since 2014 but Cali has many of these trails if your interested. The app has since improved some, i've only had an issue getting one of my badges but I have got them all and I have 6 total so far of the 44 there is.

You can just email them and someone will manually send you the one you have on your app's profile your trying to receive. Especially if they can see that you have checked in on the trail, and submitted it...I would certainly try.

I also have 6 and they usually take 12 weeks to make it to the mailbox from the time you submit the form. Which trail btw, out of curiosity?

Crawler ridge in Rausch Creek is the one I'm waiting on. Although, the app would not work for either of my trips to moab so I missed out on fins and things, hells revenge, poison spider, and a couple more. The app has a 2 star rating on the app store because it just won't work a lot of the time unfortunately.

I saw a guy put all of those badges on his JK on the fenders right by where the "Jeep" decal is, and it just looked ugly, particularly because they are chrome as you mentioned. I'm not sure where I would put them. Maybe I'd just put them on a wall in my garage or something. A few might look cool on the Jeep, but if you had 10 or so, then it would start looking stupid.
Crawler ridge in Rausch Creek is the one I'm waiting on. Although, the app would not work for either of my trips to moab so I missed out on fins and things, hells revenge, poison spider, and a couple more. The app has a 2 star rating on the app store because it just won't work a lot of the time unfortunately.
I totally hear that, and its a tricky spot for them to be in. Hard for them to get a gps tracking type app that works to check-in and doesn't require reception or service to work.

I will say, I have a Crawler Ridge badge and it worked fine for me at the time. I would be totally bummed about Utah though, they have some of the best badges imo, beside The Rubicon Trail at Lake Tahoe, CA.

Reactions: Chris
I totally hear that, and its a tricky spot for them to be in. Hard for them to get a gps tracking type app that works to check-in and doesn't require reception or service to work.

I will say, I have a Crawler Ridge badge and it worked fine for me at the time. I would be totally bummed about Utah though, they have some of the best badges imo, beside The Rubicon Trail at Lake Tahoe, CA.

I understand that it wouldn't work when I'm not within cell reception. The app itself was broken and would lock up soon after I attempted to log in. I tried to get it to work by reinstalling it, making a new account, ETC.... Nothing fixed it. It does seem to be fixed and has been working recently. I'll be running a couple of trails in Colorado this fall. I'll have to see if it works then.

I put my Rubicon Trail badge on my toolbox. I wouldn't put one on my jeep personally.
I hope to someday hit The Rubicon Trail, man I don't even know what to expect but I think I need a few pieces of armor first.

How was it? Its the only Jeep BOH trail rated a 10 of difficulty.

I hope to someday hit The Rubicon Trail, man I don't even know what to expect but I think I need a few pieces of armor first.

How was it? Its the only Jeep BOH trail rated a 10 of difficulty.

It was a lot of fun, beautiful country. Plan on making it a 2-4 day trip (on trail) depending on the pace you want to go. It’s worth having a couple extra days to take your time and enjoy. It can also be about as difficult as you want, there are lots of bypasses. You could probably get it done on 31’s but you’d be dragging a lot. 33’s do ok imo. I’d want bumpers rock sliders and an engine skid for armor. I’ve got a small ding in my oil pan after the trip. I have a video of my trip on my YouTube channel.
Video quality isn’t the best but it gives you an average guy view.

Reactions: EJD