Jeep Commando

Airjunky

TJ Enthusiast
Saw this old Commando this weekend at CarD'Lane.......it's a giant cruise in Coeur D'alene, ID.
There was a couple others too but not quite this cool

IMG_20190617_143303_01.jpg

Yep, and it definitely was too! He gunned it a couple times & it was rollin coal in a big way.

Since buying the TJ, I've seen a few of these old Commandos restomodded. Pretty sweet setup. This is one I saw for sale on CL a few weeks ago. It has a 6.0 liter LS in it. Appeared to be really well done.

00v0v_a8JKKHfgBY7_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_lOYgVyduYP_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_1Sh86t8r2a1_1200x900.jpg

Love the little touch of the C shaped side window portal....
That would make any doomsday preppers in a 500 yard radius, drool and go weak at the knees haha

Last edited:
I actually got my Commando before I got my TJ. It's a non runner though. Been sitting up in Washington for a very long time. Needs a lot of work though. When we put it up on the lift we discovered it has a lot of inner body rust. It will never be restored to something like the examples in this thread but eventually I hope to get it to where I can at least drive it from time to time. LOL
SHggaeArSNGnUT2MPFowLA.jpg

I actually got my Commando before I got my TJ. It's a non runner though. Been sitting up in Washington for a very long time. Needs a lot of work though. When we put it up on the lift we discovered it has a lot of inner body rust. It will never be restored to something like the examples in this thread but eventually I hope to get it to where I can at least drive it from time to time. LOLView attachment 100506
Boy she’s full of surprises.

I actually got my Commando before I got my TJ. It's a non runner though. Been sitting up in Washington for a very long time. Needs a lot of work though. When we put it up on the lift we discovered it has a lot of inner body rust. It will never be restored to something like the examples in this thread but eventually I hope to get it to where I can at least drive it from time to time. LOLView attachment 100506
Same color as the one I owned. One of two cars I regret selling. The thing was a tank.

Reactions: KimsJeep