Jeep Dealer Service Scare

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So my wife's JL had sloppy steering +50 speeds. The recall on it replaced the dampener which did help some (bandaid), but it still seemed like the steering/tracking/cornering just wasn't where it should be. Followed the JL forum which this issue seems prolific. A popular notion is, the stock track bar is wimpy and has too much give or possibly flex to it. Folks have upgraded to aftermarket heavier duty track bars and claimed victory. Truth or fiction? I don't know, but I want mama's rig to be tight so I ordered a a JKS track bar that looks like a girder from the Golden Gate bridge. I told her to have the dealer toss it in next time she goes for service (we live on different continents). She brought it to the dealer today. The shop looked at it and asked her....wait for it.....
What is this part? Real confidence inspiring. I don't think the Jeep dealership has any Jeep enthusiasts in their shop. There is what appears to be a good off road garage down the road, I know they like Jeeps. I may have to send her there.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Chris
I’m hearing there is a new recall for jl to replace the steering box, look around for a tsb, a buddy is getting it done next week.

Reactions: Flivver250
Dealership mechanics ( I was one for a decade) are good for executing recalls, TSBs, handling warranty NVH complaints, and doing general maintenance. When I was working for Toyota I had this guy bring me in a MkIV Supra to help him figure out why his gigantic twin Garret turbo kit was sucking up fuel to the point that his rear bumper was black from soot. I told him to take it to a performance shop.