Jeep dogs

Previous Jeeping dog buddies:
IMG_0808_zpsqicz2hso.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Bailey, the tan one, has gone on to his maker. Now I've got another pal added to the Jeep crew, but he's an escape artist...
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG

Just read @TenThumbs comments about his dog on another thread. I want to offer my condolences and see if you'd like to post a pic of your dog and tell us about the pup. Still wish I had my Holly riding with me. She loved to go for a ride. Take care.

Reactions: TenThumbs
Just read @TenThumbs comments about his dog on another thread. I want to offer my condolences and see if you'd like to post a pic of your dog and tell us about the pup. Still wish I had my Holly riding with me. She loved to go for a ride. Take care.
Thank you for pointing me to this thread and for the condolences. Never thought I'd ever be this distraught over losing an animal. This is Violet. She was rescued from a kennel/breeder that was raided. We've only had her for a little less than 5 years. She was highly mistreated before we got her and so was very skittish. But she took to me right away. We nursed her back to health and she became a cherished member of our family. Her first ride in the Jeep was when I picked her up and took her directly to the vet. After that, if I was in the Jeep, she was with me, If I was under the Jeep working on it, she would lay right beside me. Just one of those dogs who was very sweet but didn't care about anything else going on, person or other animal, if I was near. Last week the lawn guys knocked down a portion of fence that I put around the sago palms. She got into the area and ingested a seed and fell ill.. She seemed to be recovering well, but I found her gone on Sunday morning. The pic below is her "helping" me build a firepit. She will be missed. Thanks again for pointing me here.

JOKR5152.jpg

Condolences @TenThumbs.

This is Zoe. We found her on the side of the road one morning about dead. We took her to the vet and was told that she would have been dead by the end of the day. A week later, I picked her in the Jeep and took her home. She is the most loving and loyal dog I've even had. Rescues are the best dogs. The middle pic is the day we got her home.
IMG_20180403_093942.jpg

IMG_20170929_202813.jpg

Attach916_20180417_201628.jpg

Condolences @TenThumbs . They truly are family. We lost our yellow lab of 14 years last month. He is sorely missed.
2009-06-13 14.32.11.jpg

We've been a 2 dog family for many years. When we lost Beau's friend, Daisy, he was so depressed that we had to get him a friend. Went to our local rescue and picked up Bella. They became instant pals!
2009-06-13 14.32.11.jpg
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG

Bella ended up being an 85lb. monster. Along with Beau at 95lbs., it was no small task to get them loaded up in the back of the jeep!
Now that Beau is gone, Bella is depressed and lonely, so we may be off to the local rescue sooner than later.
20180530_100901.jpg

My condolences to those who have lost their canine family members. I have owned lots of dogs and losing them is always painful.

Here is my favorite picture of my last 2. My Australian Cattle Dog has been gone since October 2011; he was an incredible loving, ferocious, and fearless dog. He would have sacrificed his life in a second to protect my daughters.

My Border Collie is still going at almost 15, but arthritis has turned her from a herding machine into a 4 legged Keyser Soze.

40764392650_b1c05abdb4_b.jpg
dogs

Last edited:
We lost our "Jeep cat" that is on page 2 post #24 of this thread a month ago yesterday. She was with my wife for 20 years and with me for 15. She would follow me around like a dog. When the fire was getting low and we needed to add another log on the fire she would come in the room we were in and start meowing at us. She liked the fire. We do miss our animals.

We lost our "Jeep cat" that is on page 2 post #24 of this thread a month ago yesterday. She was with my wife for 20 years and with me for 15. She would follow me around like a dog. When the fire was getting low and we needed to add another log on the fire she would come in the room we were in and start meowing at us. She liked the fire. We do miss our animals.

Sorry for your loss LR. 20 years is an amazing life for an animal. Just wish they could live longer.

We lost our 14 y.o. yellow lab last year- it was tough, but we also rescued a greyhound two years ago, so it has really helped. They may not be the pet for everyone, but they are certainly wonderful. They are really not dog-like, more like a 60 pound cat. We also lost our 23 year old cat (!) two weeks ago, and it wasn't even her time- our in-laws Aussie shepherd got ahold of her right in front of us and ripped poor Peggy Sue apart. Had it not been their dog, I would have taking a steak knife to it right there and then.

Jeep dog's don't need too much room. Duke made it on the rubicon with two 65qt ice chests in the back with him, a Yeti up top and an Orion on bottom.
1565287882260.png

You've got to be careful though even with the top on. This guy managed to roll down the driver side window far enough to escape (I left it down just enough to poke his head out).
1565287968100.png

Luckily I got him back after a frantic hour searching for him. He's now chipped and wears his collar all the time with his dog tag on it.