Jeep family

Tristan

TJ Enthusiast
I'm officially a full jeep family. I have my 97 tj. My wife has a 2014 compass and we just traded my truck and got a 4wd commander. Some people would say we're observed with jeep.
2014-Jeep-Compass-1592673-1-sm.jpg
Screenshot_2016-07-23-15-44-11-1.png
20160611_181557.jpg

Reactions: TJ4Jim
My wife picked up a Compass last year and she loves it, not easy finding one with the standard trans but she finally found it in PA. So now in addition to hers we have 2 TJ's and 1 XJ.

Haha nice. She got hers about 2 years ago and we got the tj a couple months ago. Then last week we decided we didn't need the truck anymore and I wanted another commander. This was my old 07 with 2 inch lift and 32s. Loved this bad boy
photo (7).JPG

That's pretty friggin' awesome if you ask me!

I'd love one of those new Grand Cherokee Hellcats when they come out!

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (stock, 146k miles, owned for 11 years) & of course my TJ. My wife has been looking to trade her '15 Chevrolet Impala in for a Jeep Renegade. I am secretly trying to talk her into a JKU:cool:. It is a nice car tho, I do like it.
20160724_082106.jpg
20160724_082428.jpg

20160717_133313.jpg

Last edited:
We didn't get as nice of oneas yours. We got an 06 6th anniversary. With the 3.7L V6 with the qt1 so no 4lo. But it's a family vehicle not seeing anything serious.

No is the lower 4 wheel drive system

When I bought time, there was a recall which was a software flash that was implemented to fix a hardware problem. Commanders with remote start were recalled because some system board would crack overtime and cause the vehicle to roll when remotely started.

The recall, it totally broke 4-LO on all our Commanders. After a huge outcry and lots and lots of dirty letters to Chrysler, they finally came out with a software patch to the patch that brought our 4-LO back. Thankfully they fixed it but it wasn't without lots of pissed off customers raising a big stink first.

It was so long ago I don't remember the exact part that had been recalled but the fix, until FCA finally admitted their fuck up, was to find a junkyard part that didn't have the recall done on it and swap it out. The junkyards had all but completely ran out of the part and most of them didn't want to go out to the yard and pull the VIN so we could verify that it hadn't had the recall done on it.

One day, a service bulletin came out that basically said "if whatever recall was done on the vehicle and 4-LO quit working then apply this new software flash".

It's worked like a charm ever since but every time I get in the vehicle I pull the 4-LO handle to make sure the "Check 4WD" light doesn't illuminate.

The Commander is a kick ass Jeep. Mine has full time 4WD and a freakin HEMI... and three rows of seats. I love it.

Well I no longer own all jeeps. Traded the wife's compass in for a 16 charger. She's always wanted one and we got an amazing deal on it.
20170224_081546.jpg

20170224_081742.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris