Jeep Forum charges $200 a year for their membership!?

TJDave

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I don't visit Jeep Forum or Wrangler Forum much at all anymore since I discovered this forum. But today I was poking around for fun and found this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 9.08.40 AM.png

So Jeep Forum charges $200 a year for their premium membership? Are you kidding me? That's basically the cost of my Amazon Prime membership, and my Netflix membership combined!

I just don't get it. I understand supporting a forum (I support this forum 100%), but for the cost of $200 a year, you'd better be giving me something more than just a sticker. Shit, I better be getting a subscription to the beer of the month club in addition to my Jeep Forum membership!

I don't visit Jeep Forum or Wrangler Forum much at all anymore since I discovered this forum. But today I was poking around for fun and found this:

View attachment 19801

So Jeep Forum charges $200 a year for their premium membership? Are you kidding me? That's basically the cost of my Amazon Prime membership, and my Netflix membership combined!

I just don't get it. I understand supporting a forum (I support this forum 100%), but for the cost of $200 a year, you'd better be giving me something more than just a sticker. Shit, I better be getting a subscription to the beer of the month club in addition to my Jeep Forum membership!
It says Lifetime and i plan on living longer then a year. I hope the yr was just a miss print. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
It says Lifetime and i plan on living longer then a year. I hope the yr was just a miss print. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw that it said lifetime too. However, then I saw that it said $200/yr.

Hopefully that is indeed a typo, because $200 a year is insane!

Reactions: StG58 and TJ John
Ahhh, I remember auto forums 15 years ago. VW Vortex used to be the one I was one (when I was young and into VWs). I remember what a great place that was for VWs way back when. The original guys sold it to one of those bigger forum companies unfortunately, and it wasn't the same after that.

Ahhh, I remember auto forums 15 years ago. VW Vortex used to be the one I was one (when I was young and into VWs). I remember what a great place that was for VWs way back when. The original guys sold it to one of those bigger forum companies unfortunately, and it wasn't the same after that.

Most of the forums I used over the years are shadows of their former selves. Interscope bought up most of them and they gradually fell apart, mostly because of mismanagement and corporate apathy
Sadly, the heady days of the BIG forum have come and gone.

Most of the forums I used over the years are shadows of their former selves. Interscope bought up most of them and they gradually fell apart, mostly because of mismanagement and corporate apathy
Sadly, the heady days of the BIG forum have come and gone.

Yeah, the big players seem to be Vertical Scope and Internet Brands. Those guys bought up almost every major automotive related forum. There's about 4 or 5 major forums I used to visit that I no longer do. It's amazing how much they changed once they took over.

Way of life forum has a weird cultish following. It seems like if you don't agree with the appointed supreme hypno toad, then you are a fool.
Interesting. I've never even visited that forum before. I have heard a lot of off the wall stuff about it (and the guy who runs it).

Way of life forum has a weird cultish following. It seems like if you don't agree with the appointed supreme hypno toad, then you are a fool.
Interesting. I've never even visited that forum before. I have heard a lot of off the wall stuff about it (and the guy who runs it).
I wonder what the record is for getting banned over there? Hmmm... Maybe one of these boring days?

Sorry to hear that. Still going to hang out here for the entertainment value?

Im not sorry. Sold my 04 Tahoe z71 couple weeks ago too. Just dont need/use them much anymore. Few weeks back I picked up a used Mercedes 2500 Sprinter (17k miles) class B RV (Roadtrek Agile)....Man cave on wheels, as my wife calls it. My daily vehicle, 2010 Tundra 5.7 with only 70k miles, has more practical use than Jeep. Faster too....

My original plan was to tow Jeep behind rv , Ive since decided it's not worth it, time/cost.

Guessing in about a year (Hope to stretch it 2) I'll need to replace the wifes SUV (06 Land Rover LR3 135k miles)

Anyone have have 19K for my Jeep? ...has both, half & full doors, hardtop, 2 soft-tops...New wheels & tires. Once I finalize an ad I'll post it here.

I'll continue to visit.
thx

Reactions: StG58
Im not sorry. Sold my 04 Tahoe z71 couple weeks ago too. Just dont need/use them much anymore. Few weeks back I picked up a used Mercedes 2500 Sprinter (17k miles) class B RV (Roadtrek Agile)....Man cave on wheels, as my wife calls it. My daily vehicle, 2010 Tundra 5.7 with only 70k miles, has more practical use than Jeep. Faster too....

My original plan was to tow Jeep behind rv , Ive since decided it's not worth it, time/cost.

Guessing in about a year (Hope to stretch it 2) I'll need to replace the wifes SUV (06 Land Rover LR3 135k miles)

Anyone have have 19K for my Jeep? ...has both, half & full doors, hardtop, 2 soft-tops...New wheels & tires. Once I finalize an ad I'll post it here.

I'll continue to visit.
thx

Congrats either way man, be sure to post your Jeep up for sale when you do get around to it. That Mercedes sounds like a ton of fun (until you discover the cost of parts, haha!).

Congrats either way man, be sure to post your Jeep up for sale when you do get around to it. That Mercedes sounds like a ton of fun (until you discover the cost of parts, haha!).

Funny you say that. Bumper to bumper ends Dec. $1300 to extend another year..

Just replaced it's washer check valve, used a GM part 84-96 1500 truck $4.00 and some other leaking hose that supplies washer fluid that sprays headlights, $5.00 (Hose & clamps) Dealer wanted $50.00.

Since I am headed out solo Sunday- Some hiking around Flagstaff, AZ and returning through Vegas for a night (or 2) I rather fix things on my own.