Jeep Gladiator high-speed off-roader reportedly in development

IPerkWVU

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2018
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I could see it happening, FCA arguably has the best speed shop outfit of the big 3 with all their SRT Models plus all parts could trickle down through Mopar... It's a cash cow, the market is there with people actively buying Raptors and ZR2s.

They mention the ZR2 a couple times. The Rubicon already costs more than the ZR2, the base Gladiator probably starts out fairly close. While the Jeep Gladiator high-speed off-roader sounds really great, a more appropriate name would be the Jeep Gladiator high-priced off-roader.

Oct 11, 2018
Iowa
I like the idea of one. I would prefer an extended cab version but I like the Gladiator in general so a "go speedracer go" version would be awesome to me. Price also doesn't matter because I'm not selling my other toys to get one but I can always admire from afar.

zebra12

2005 Unlimited Rubicon auto
Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2018
Corvallis, OR, USA
I like it.

The wife's Highlander will need replacement in 3 years, and we won't need the 3rd row. I already successfully pitched a Honda Ridgeline for her next vehicle, maybe I could convince her to go Gladiator.

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2017
AZ, United States
If they change their mind and put a V-8 in it I would consider it. I would definitely do something about those ugly fenders first thing though. I have driven those new fangled jeeps, and they are gutless as hell. Too much money for not enough joy.

Come on Jeep! Just put a huge v8 in it like the old Raptors. I might consider that!

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 20, 2015
Quail Valley, CA
I think I saw today that Savvy is building up a Gladiator for KOH that Jeep is loaning them.. should be interesting
Yep, should be interesting. They should be dropping it off today or tomorrow, they being FCA. I also believe it is the other way around sorta. FCA wanted a known entity with a winning record to build them a rig for the stock class and picked the Savvy Currie team.

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2018
Colorado, USA
Yep, should be interesting. They should be dropping it off today or tomorrow, they being FCA. I also believe it is the other way around sorta. FCA wanted a known entity with a winning record to build them a rig for the stock class and picked the Savvy Currie team.
That's got to be very exciting and satisfying. It will be fun to see what Savvy/Currie comes up with.

DHunt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2018
Harbison Canyon
All they have to do is drive one from Detroit to Mexico, finish better than 3rd in the Baja 1000, then drive it home to make headlines. Big if.