Jeep Gladiator high-speed off-roader reportedly in development

I could see it happening, FCA arguably has the best speed shop outfit of the big 3 with all their SRT Models plus all parts could trickle down through Mopar... It's a cash cow, the market is there with people actively buying Raptors and ZR2s.

Reactions: Starrs
If it was about this size, I'd be there.

49732771_1970857706549704_9047041866754686976_n.jpg

They mention the ZR2 a couple times. The Rubicon already costs more than the ZR2, the base Gladiator probably starts out fairly close. While the Jeep Gladiator high-speed off-roader sounds really great, a more appropriate name would be the Jeep Gladiator high-priced off-roader.

I saw no mention of IFS:nusenuse:

I'll be the outcast...I think it looks pretty sweet. Id definitely drive one.

Reactions: mots and abart
If I had the means, I'd be all over one. Love that blue one in the first picture.

I like the idea of one. I would prefer an extended cab version but I like the Gladiator in general so a "go speedracer go" version would be awesome to me. Price also doesn't matter because I'm not selling my other toys to get one but I can always admire from afar.

I like it.

The wife's Highlander will need replacement in 3 years, and we won't need the 3rd row. I already successfully pitched a Honda Ridgeline for her next vehicle, maybe I could convince her to go Gladiator.

If they change their mind and put a V-8 in it I would consider it. I would definitely do something about those ugly fenders first thing though. I have driven those new fangled jeeps, and they are gutless as hell. Too much money for not enough joy.

Come on Jeep! Just put a huge v8 in it like the old Raptors. I might consider that!

I think I saw today that Savvy is building up a Gladiator for KOH that Jeep is loaning them.. should be interesting
Yep, should be interesting. They should be dropping it off today or tomorrow, they being FCA. I also believe it is the other way around sorta. FCA wanted a known entity with a winning record to build them a rig for the stock class and picked the Savvy Currie team.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Yep, should be interesting. They should be dropping it off today or tomorrow, they being FCA. I also believe it is the other way around sorta. FCA wanted a known entity with a winning record to build them a rig for the stock class and picked the Savvy Currie team.

That's got to be very exciting and satisfying. It will be fun to see what Savvy/Currie comes up with.

Reactions: tomtaylz
All they have to do is drive one from Detroit to Mexico, finish better than 3rd in the Baja 1000, then drive it home to make headlines. Big if.