Jeep Green LJ Rubicon build (gonna be slow)

Well got the last piece of the puzzle, at least for now anyway. Probably get this installed and rear control arms adjusted this weekend!

0AC79451-A717-49FB-AC00-88CFBDF6A855.jpeg

Got the Adam’s driveshaft installed and the pinion adjusted to 11 with the shaft at 12, took her out for a ride and all is good! Will have to try and get some pictures posted soon of the jeep and the m416 trailer I finished up.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Got back from my honeymoon last Sunday. We drove the jeep up to Bar Harbor, Maine for 5 days and then to Stowe, Vermont for 4 days. On the way up, once we got to Maine, we got off the highway and took the more scenic route. We actually did this for the rest of the trip and didn't get back on a highway until we were headed home and in New York somewhere. Couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. We hiked around 40 miles in Acadia National Park and another 10 in Vermont and visited as many breweries as possible. The jeep and the M416 trailer performed flawlessly for the whole thing. Looking forward to planning another roadtrip!

Leaving Maine.jpg

Maine 1.jpg

Maine 2.jpg

Maine 3.jpg

Maine 4.jpg

Got back from my honeymoon last Sunday. We drove the jeep up to Bar Harbor, Maine for 5 days and then to Stowe, Vermont for 4 days. On the way up, once we got to Maine, we got off the highway and took the more scenic route. We actually did this for the rest of the trip and didn't get back on a highway until we were headed home and in New York somewhere. Couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. We hiked around 40 miles in Acadia National Park and another 10 in Vermont and visited as many breweries as possible. The jeep and the M416 trailer performed flawlessly for the whole thing. Looking forward to planning another roadtrip!

View attachment 252326

View attachment 252327

View attachment 252328

View attachment 252329

View attachment 252330
That’s awesome. Congratulations.

Reactions: MaximusLJR06

Great looking green Jeep and congrats. If you ever head to Mt. Desert Island again theres some pretty nice dirt roads to cruise along Long Pond on the southwest harbor side.

Found it on FB Marketplace last weekend and thankfully the seller was willing to hold it for me till today. Was north of Pittsburgh and a 4 hour drive to get it. Seller said they bought a new 2006 Unlimited during the winter and 2 months after purchasing the jeep her brother totaled it. They never had the chance to put the top on it and instead just through it in storage until 3 weeks ago. I was surprised that she still had it because her for sale post was 2 weeks old when I saw it.

Not sure whether to just keep it and store it until my current top is worn out. Sell my current top and make my money back and throw it on the jeep or sell the new one to make a profit. Option 3 is the lowest on my list.

92A818C6-5C64-4AFF-AC19-D8778BEC2F3D.jpeg

64EF907A-853B-4B3A-A3C4-66E198600483.jpeg

53768A8A-6826-49B7-BDFD-6AE08971EB1B.jpeg

441E8C99-49E0-4410-BB00-B97096DAFAEA.jpeg

Found it on FB Marketplace last weekend and thankfully the seller was willing to hold it for me till today. Was north of Pittsburgh and a 4 hour drive to get it. Seller said they bought a new 2006 Unlimited during the winter and 2 months after purchasing the jeep her brother totaled it. They never had the chance to put the top on it and instead just through it in storage until 3 weeks ago. I was surprised that she still had it because her for sale post was 2 weeks old when I saw it.

Not sure whether to just keep it and store it until my current top is worn out. Sell my current top and make my money back and throw it on the jeep or sell the new one to make a profit. Option 3 is the lowest on my list.

View attachment 263024

View attachment 263025

View attachment 263026

View attachment 263027
Keep it dude. They are only going to get harder to find. And the equivalent in aftermarket is very expensive.

Yeah I know. Someone would have to offer me a stupid amount before I'd let it go.
I found a nos oem in khaki for my tj. Khaki is very hard to find. With all new hardware. Frame, surrounds, cross bar for the back etc. It was $600. But offered by a very generous member. I was blown away. They go for $800 to $1000 for tjs. With all the hardware. LJs is a different matter. They rarely come up. And like i said for a bestop replacement in the same fabric is what? $1500?!

Just finding the LJ hardware would be a bitch. Its different than tj. You scored bigtime. Not to mention its only going to increase in value.

I found a nos oem in khaki for my tj. Khaki is very hard to find. With all new hardware. Frame, surrounds, cross bar for the back etc. It was $600. But offered by a very generous member. I was blown away. They go for $800 to $1000 for tjs. With all the hardware. LJs is a different matter. They rarely come up. And like i said for a bestop replacement in the same fabric is what? $1500?!

Just finding the LJ hardware would be a bitch. Its different than tj. You scored bigtime. Not to mention its only going to increase in value.
Yeah I agree with you 100%. I wish it was khaki, that’s what came with my jeep originally, but doesn’t matter too much.