Jeep Green LJ Rubicon build (gonna be slow)

What a steal. Its crazy how deals like this pop up sometimes.
Yeah, I wasn't even looking for one. I was searching for half doors and just happen to find it. The title of the listing I think through some people off. Just said "Jeep Unlimited Soft Top", no year or anything. Most people probably thought it was for a 4 door wrangler.

Spent the weekend up in the Mts showing my buddy and his gf around the area. Absolutely love being up there.

58CA43BD-0BB9-4DCF-BF8E-8913825DC3F8.jpeg

3F614EB3-84DF-4998-B712-1427311A9E9D.jpeg

25C27095-5D57-4500-A63C-DE0C73EAF491.jpeg

Time for some updates! How have the new gears been treating you? I'm looking at hitting rausch on october 9 possibly.

Time for some updates! How have the new gears been treating you? I'm looking at hitting rausch on october 9 possibly.
No new gears yet, got some other life events trying to plan for right now. Haven't done much to jeep lately, but i think a new front track bar and currie steering are the next upgrades.

Reactions: MeanGreen86
Love low mile LJs , I have 2 in my sites now, 2006s one rubi one not,,, 38k for the rubi 26 for the non, both have 29k miles, red rubi forrest green non,,, tuff choice !

Did you end up purchasing the currie front track bar? I replaced my new teraflex one and I've never been happier. There's no comparison to a solid front bar. Easy install and looks so good.

Been awhile since I've updated this. I did just order Currectlync steering from DPG. Should be here sometime this week. Currie front and rear track bars are next. Hopefully will be getting around to working on the jeep a little more soon.

Reactions: MeanGreen86
At Rausch? I wouldn't let that deter you. I went there the same week as the "Great American Crawl", tons of jeeps, and we barely saw anyone. Its a big park.

Since it doesn’t seem like savvy rocker guards are going to be in stock anytime soon, I figured I’d take my original rubicon’s rockers off and get them sandblasted and powdered coated.

image.jpg

Reactions: chili_pepper
Still envious of your paint color. :love:

Those LJ Rubi rockers, are you aware of a source for them? I just pulled the step bars off my LJ and I like the way it looks better without, but I'm thinking those rockers would finish it off some and give a little strength to the pinchwelded rocker flange (or whatever Chrysler called it).

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
the paint looks good under there. I was waiting on savvy for a bit too and then went with genright aluminum boat sides.