Jeep Home / Road Emergency Kit 3 Band Radio / Spot & Warning Lights

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone ever seen this? What's it from and details if you know anything about it? One popped up for sale the next town over from me so I am going to check it out on Sunday.
00r0r_6kqkWG3WgKN_600x450.jpg

00H0H_jgsnGqaDskz_600x450.jpg

Ive seen them before but only a couple of times. It may have been over on JF but someone rebuilt one and added a radio IIRC. Depending on price Id buy one just for the nostalgia.

Ive seen them before but only a couple of times. It may have been over on JF but someone rebuilt one and added a radio IIRC. Depending on price Id buy one just for the nostalgia.

The guy flaked out so I never met up with him. I thought the same thing as you said, if the price is decent then it makes for a great nostalgia piece.

So, I own one of these. I bought it on clearance waaaaayyyy back in 2001 from a store I worked at called Dapy, which was a subsidiary of Spencer Gifts. I'm not sure if it was sold elsewhere or not. It comes with a 3 band radio and flashlight/emergency red flasher lights on the side. It also included a flashlight and a cigarette lighter adapter air compressor and a few more roadside hazard items,a first aid kit,box cutter,and I believe a cigarette lighter jumper cable set as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
So, I own one of these. I bought it on clearance waaaaayyyy back in 2001 from a store I worked at called Dapy, which was a subsidiary of Spencer Gifts. I'm not sure if it was sold elsewhere or not. It comes with a 3 band radio and flashlight/emergency red flasher lights on the side. It also included a flashlight and a cigarette lighter adapter air compressor and a few more roadside hazard items,a first aid kit,box cutter,and I believe a cigarette lighter jumper cable set as well.

Thanks for that update. Oh man, I remember Spencer Gifts, been ages...How do you like yours, do you use it at all?

I did actually end up buying this one, the guy who flaked out got back to me and I ended up buying it. It just sits on my desk, but I like the look...and I have not even plugged it in yet...

Thanks for that update. Oh man, I remember Spencer Gifts, been ages...How do you like yours, do you use it at all?

I did actually end up buying this one, the guy who flaked out got back to me and I ended up buying it. It just sits on my desk, but I like the look...and I have not even plugged it in yet...
Dapy was supposed to be fun like Spencer's but without anything below PG13, and carried many kinds of pop culture memorabilia. McFarland action figures, KISS dolls, I Love Lucy merch. etc. Still not clear why they decided to carry these but lucky me it was on clearance for like $20 (orig. price was $79.99, I think) when I started.

I use mine to this day! I live in MI, so winters can be a beast, especially the farther north you go, so I added some goodies and made it a pretty nice emergency kit. I replaced the first aid stuff as soon as I got it and do that yearly. The air compressor is a beast and works great still. I have only ever used batteries to power the radio unit and lights, which was amazingly useful for beach trips till phones abilities caught up. The flashlight was used until a few years ago when batteries exploded inside, so there was no saving that. The "jumper cables" never worked enough to truly jump a vehicle, so those went into the trash. The box cutter got lost to the sands of time. My hubby keeps asking me to get rid of it when it get refilled and put out into a new car, but I've told him I'm holding out for my matching Jeep to pair it with heh.

Reactions: skrelnik and Vasq