Jeep is difficult to start when warm

Sued1

Jeep starts 1st time when cold, but takes more cranks when warm.
Today it really wouldn't start and I had to leave it to cool down for an hour.
Do you think this could be the fuel pump? Should I try a fuel cleaner before I take it to the shop?

Hot start problems are often vapor lock. If it starts does it run really rough for a few seconds? One of the injectors on the 4.0 gets too hot and boils fuel when it sits, number three? There's a factory fix or you can just get cheap high temp wrap and insulate the injectors.

Saw on your profile, 2003,But How many miles on it, What have you already replaced, and is it throwing codes? Be careful on shops. May God Bless;DL

Saw on your profile, 2003,But How many miles on it, What have you already replaced, and is it throwing codes? Be careful on shops. May God Bless;DL

The jeep has 176k.
There are no codes. Just replaced plugs and coil pack. Recent oil change and fluids. It runs smooth when it starts and has always taken a couple of cranks when warm only, but seems to be getting worse.

Hot start problems are often vapor lock. If it starts does it run really rough for a few seconds? One of the injectors on the 4.0 gets too hot and boils fuel when it sits, number three? There's a factory fix or you can just get cheap high temp wrap and insulate the injectors.

I do not think it runs rough once started. For the mileage this jeep sounds great. Looks like someone really took care of it.

Maybe the cold starts and running good could be a sign of better compression and as warming up loses a tad. A simple compression test cold and hot should tell us more with out spending much or anything. I replaced a timing chain and gears and it seamed to re energies the starting and response. May God Bless;DL