Jeep is sluggish need help diagnoseing problem

Wyatt coto

Not sure what’s going on possible transfer case or transmission Jeep has 132,xxx miles and I recently installed a 3” lift and 31.5” mud terrains and it ran fun for a couple of months with mild off roading here and there. I was driving for about 30 min at around 70 and then traffic became to a stop and go when I tried to accelerate again it was very sluggish and Reeved up to 3k rpms and then I heard a clunk and it wouldn’t move from there. I then initiated 4wd and it moved okay and I put it back into 2wd and it was sluggish again I got it towed back to where I needed it and it drives all sluggish but also won’t go into reverse I’ve only tried it once since then and it has been sitting for about 2-3 days any help would be nice thank you and have a wonderful day

I wont be much help here, manual owner. I know little about autos but maybe the torque converter as it works with planetary gears like a clutch if I'm not mistaken?,maybe the sluggish feeling is that it's not shifting down to a low gear when you stop?