Jeep kids

L

LTTJ

Can I just brag on my son for a second?

So my son is almost two and he is totally in love with the Jeep. Before we come inside in the evening he wants to sit in the passenger seat and act like he is driving. He will mess with the radio, pretend to shift, and look at the speedometer very seriously. We call this beep beep in the Jeep.

So today, he was beep beeping and he started pointing at the letters on the steering wheel and said J-E-E-P ... Jeep! Pretty good for a kid who isn't even 2 yet! I'm sure by the time he is four he'll want his own Jeep...

Do y'all have any stories about raising kids in the Jeep life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and daughter never any difference, "That's just what Dad drove" and they never knew the difference until I bought a Pickup with air conditioning in the late 80's. They still bitch about it at get togethers and they are in their 40's.
We still do have some discussion about how much more comfortable I could have made their lives with AC.
"Kids!"...Go call somebody on your twit thingy and get me another cigar!.

Reactions: LTTJ
My kids love my jeep (3 girls, ages 3, 6, and 8). They like to sit in while its parked in the garage if I'm puttering around the yard and have the garage door open. They change every station, push every button, etc. Its a complete kid thing. I take the oldest two for rides in the front seat with a booster seat. They like to run errands with me if we can take the jeep. Grocery store, O'reilly's auto parts, home depot, places like that. I need to reinstall the back seat so they can all ride with me again. Jeeps and kids just go together.

5-15-16 Daddy brought jeep IMG_8133.JPG

A Jeep does that to kids and adults alike. My kids love the TJ and want me to take it everywhere we go. Even my wife that rolled her eyes when I told her I "needed" a Jeep for hunting loves riding in the thing.

Reactions: LTTJ
My kids love my jeep (3 girls, ages 3, 6, and 8). They like to sit in while its parked in the garage if I'm puttering around the yard and have the garage door open. They change every station, push every button, etc. Its a complete kid thing. I take the oldest two for rides in the front seat with a booster seat. They like to run errands with me if we can take the jeep. Grocery store, O'reilly's auto parts, home depot, places like that. I need to reinstall the back seat so they can all ride with me again. Jeeps and kids just go together.

View attachment 19182
Your girls are adorable, even wearing a cast :D

Yep, they love it. Especially my littlest one. She has claimed it and refers to it as "her" Jeep. I taught my boy how to drive it the other day. He's 12. From a dead stop to shifting up to third. No stall outs or jerky shifts. I was one proud dad.

IMG_3163.JPG

Reactions: LTTJ and Rob5589
Yep, they love it. Especially my littlest one. She has claimed it and refers to it as "her" Jeep. I taught my boy how to drive it the other day. He's 12. From a dead stop to shifting up to third. No stall outs or jerky shifts. I was one proud dad.

View attachment 19205

Wow, that's impressive for a 12 year old!

All y'all's pictures of your kids are awesome! Beautiful, happy kids!

My dad of all people (who did not buy me a car when I was 16) decided that I'm giving my TJ to my son (and his only grandson) when he turns 16. I'm just waiting for my son to say "Well Opa said I get the Jeep..."!!

We ask him on the weekend if we are taking mommy's Jeep (the TJ Rubi) or daddy's Jeep (new fully loaded Grand Cherokee) and he always picks mommy's Jeep. My husband is starting to get sad that he always picks the TJ. Kid has good taste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk