Jeep names: What are your names and how did you decide?

About a year ago the transmission had to be rebuilt. The owner of the tranny shops daughter saw her and started the name Poppy. When my kids heard it it stuck... So Poppy it is.

I've considered naming it but, I'd want it to be tasteful. Not a tryhard COOL name that would make people roll their eyes.
Once the lightbar is installed I'll have a total of 8 round lights on the Wranglers front. I was brainstorming something with illumination and arachnids. Or a combination of both. Still thinking.

I have 2 LJ Rubicons, the yellow one has no name but the Khaki rig named itself.
About 6 years ago I was out wheeling and at one point when I jumped back behind the wheel I look down at the floor-mat and lo and behold what do I find? a bloody crack-pipe!!
I have no idea where it came from but about a year before this I bought a set of front seats out of a wrecked TJ and can only speculate the previous owner of said seats must have hidden the pipe under the covering. I guess that may also explain why the jeep was wrecked.

Anyway, it is simply known as Crack-pipe now.

My Yj got named Pepe my little mule after the Bronco in Romancing the Stone movie. The reason is mule is not a big fast horse just a little guy that keeps plugging along (even in the move Pepe is a Bronco with lots of power). My YJ was a little mule 4 banger but it had a Dana 44 rear end with ARB's front and rear, 33's and 4:88's. So it was not fast but kept plugging along. So when the TJ came along to take it's place it became Pepe 2.0 at least for now.

845900.jpg

IMG_2141 (1).JPG

fcd94c1f-6c6e-4606-a961-d7890184186f_zpsk0arwunh.JPG

IMG_3595.jpeg

IMG_1517.jpg

Reactions: Hog and hamrickac
Meet Miss Mary Poppins. Came from my buddies because anytine they need something I always seem to have it in my jeep, referencing her "magic bag"
20190511_113806.jpg

20190511_112431.jpg

Reactions: Hog
I've considered naming it but, I'd want it to be tasteful. Not a tryhard COOL name that would make people roll their eyes.
Once the lightbar is installed I'll have a total of 8 round lights on the Wranglers front. I was brainstorming something with illumination and arachnids. Or a combination of both. Still thinking.
What about APOLLO ? ….Greek mythology, god of light !!!

Reactions: Hog
My Yj got named Pepe my little mule after the Bronco in Romancing the Stone movie. The reason is mule is not a big fast horse just a little guy that keeps plugging along (even in the move Pepe is a Bronco with lots of power). My YJ was a little mule 4 banger but it had a Dana 44 rear end with ARB's front and rear, 33's and 4:88's. So it was not fast but kept plugging along. So when the TJ came along to take it's place it became Pepe 2.0 at least for now

My old beloved 4 banger CJ5 was originally known as my little mule as well for much the same reasons although it was stock. As it was "teal blue", we called it the "Blue Mule". Then on a weekend camping trip, the women decided it's name was "Bessie". So, she became "Bessie the Blue Mule".

Blue Mule II is the leading contender for my LJ's name.

I usually give my vehicles a ladies name that starts with the same letter of the make of it. For example, my Honda Civic is named Hanna, my Toyota Prius is Tonya, etc.
Sticking with this theme, I was going to name the Jeep "June". I bought the Jeep in the month of June, so I thought it fit.
But then, in a thread @Andy G called her "Big Red" and I absolutely loved it! Her official name became Big Red and I changed my avatar to a stick of Big Red chewing gum. Lol 😁

20190617_144912.jpg

If ur Jeep is green you could name it Green Lantern...

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3