Jeep Newb

Travis

TJ Enthusiast
I Jeep creeped for probably 9 months before i found the one i wanted. Kind of reminds me of my old 97 TBird, its loud, bumpy, black, and has some dents..ha.

20160228_120822.jpg

20160220_130920.jpg

20160220_130937.jpg

20160219_145524.jpg

I paid 8500, 98k miles. Very little rust underneath. The only thing i noticed after buying it is, it grinds if i turn the wheel all the way. Say im making a u-turn or sharp turn while parking.i do not think the tire is rubbing, it sounds more mettalic than that.

Reactions: The powerlineman
Hmmm, normally that sounds like it would be the tire rubbing, but if you're sure it's a metallic sound it could be a u-joint I believe.

Good looking jeep, congrats. Now the fun starts. Is she your daily driver? When I bought mine I took it into the local 4x4 shop and paid $75 for them to throw her up on the lift and give her a once over. They made me a laundry list of everything they found and prioritized it. I've been driving newer cars for a while now, so this was really useful for me. Had them handle a couple of the more immediate problems and I've got a list of projects to work on.

Good luck on that noise. Let us know how things go.

Thanks for the welcome Brian and Chris. In reference to what you were asking Brian, it has been my daily drive since i bought it. I didnt intend for it to be, i also own a '99 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I just love driving the new Wrangler and cant bring myself not to drive it as much as possible. I had planned on taking it to a shop and having it checked over but have not done so yet. I think it would help me, im not the typical "car guy". I also have a '15 Chevy Impala, i would rather drive the Wrangler:D

Reactions: Chris