Jeep not starting something to do with fuel pump might be PCM

thuddles

TJ Enthusiast
I've had my 99 Sport torn apart for about 4 months with no battery. I did the big 3 upgrade, a stereo install, fixed some broken wires and replaced my oil sending unit. If you recall i was also the one that had the PCM willed with oil. I washed it with alcohol and let it dry for a few days. and put everything back together.

I finally got to crank her over today but she would not start. I do not hear the hum of the fuel pump when I first turn my key. I swapped my starter/fuel pump relays and received the same result.

Possible reasons / clues??
1. All lights seem to be working, stereo works, but it shows 0 battery voltage on my cluster.
2. When i painted my battery tray, the battery temp sensor plug was just falling apart and i ended up splicing the wires before the plug was destroyed.
3. Attempted to clean up my turn signal but i am now awaiting a replacement, and there was no blinker in the jeep when i tried to start it.
4, Fuel filter was replaced about 6 years ago, but it hasn't really been driven for about 3 years.
5. My PCM was filled with oil for 6 years and that was the binding material holding my shit together and now i need a new PCM

So where do i start? Let me know what ya'll think

Also, happy 4th of July!!

YWpPKhBjTemeCdyEBnz1hQ.jpg

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if you do in fact have power to the fuel pump? A relatively easy place to check would be the plug at the tank just inside of the driver's rear tire. Pretty easy to access and test for power when you turn the key on.

Have you checked to see if you do in fact have power to the fuel pump? A relatively easy place to check would be the plug at the tank just inside of the driver's rear tire. Pretty easy to access and test for power when you turn the key on.
I will start there then thanks

any other advice is welcomed

Reactions: reddvltj