Jeep oriented magazines?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
I like a good magazine - are there any good ones for Jeeps? Apparently something called "JP Magazine" went under 2 months before I bought mine...

Reactions: 5632
I like a good magazine - are there any good ones for Jeeps? Apparently something called "JP Magazine" went under 2 months before I bought mine...

JP Magazine was discontinued by Motor Trend Group in March of 2020.
I had a subscription with JP since 1998.
I actually met Christian Hazel and Rick Pewe in Moab during a NAXJA event.

Reactions: John Cooper
I have a stack of them that are x? years old. I grab a handful and take them with me every time I go camping. They almost seem new when you read them again after all of those years.

For many years I kept the back issues until I needed to downsize while moving a few years ago. I made a point of keeping the two issues of when an article was done about my friend Mike on Hells Revenge trail in Moab. I was lucky enough to be in the background while pictures were taken of Mike and his XJ. Mike knew Christian Hazel and Rick Pewe and introduced me to them; interesting guys to talk to .

Last edited:
I guess I am old I enjoy to sit down on occasion and read a magazine not the same as holding a tablet etc.. I liked JP magazine until they folded I had prepaid subscription so as balance they are sending me Hot Rod , at least it has some motor stuff
Still getting American Rifleman from NRA
Hope they don’t discontinue

Reactions: lowranger
I get NRA's "Shooting Times", as well as "Guns and Ammo", and G&A's Pistol oriented rag. And the wonderful mag from the Garand collector's association. I enjoy them. I subscribed to "Automobile" from just after their inception until spring of 2016 when I finally dropped it - not because it wasn't an excellent magazine, but because I saw where new cars were headed, and had zero interest in reading about modern day iPhones on wheels.

Reactions: Welding Goats
I guess I am old I enjoy to sit down on occasion and read a magazine not the same as holding a tablet etc.. I liked JP magazine until they folded I had prepaid subscription so as balance they are sending me Hot Rod , at least it has some motor stuff
Still getting American Rifleman from NRA
Hope they don’t discontinue
I had Petersen 4 wheel and offroad

When TEN decided to shutter something like 85 magazines leaving I think 5 behind.

I wonder how you got hot rod and not four wheeler

Reactions: John Cooper
As for paying for subscriptions. No one does that anymore. So I can’t really blame the CEO of TEN publishing. I’d gotten the subscription only a few months prior. 4 years for $12. That’s way less than a mag per dollar.

I figured the industry would be Calling it quits .

I pick up Tread every once in a while. It isn't only about Jeeps, I would call it more of an Offroading/Outdoors/Overlanding magazine but it's still pretty good.