Jeep reveals the Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid

50 mile range on the battery, and comparable power numbers to the 392 for 50 miles lol for a fraction of the price the 392 will be.
I’m not sure you know how hybrids work... in pure electric and gas modes it’ll have less power than the 392. In hybrid mode, which uses the motor and engine together, you’ll get more power.

I’m not sure you know how hybrids work... in pure electric and gas modes it’ll have less power than the 392. In hybrid mode, which uses the motor and engine together, you’ll get more power.

I'm not totally sure either, but my company car is a RAV4 hybrid wit gas/electric. The meter on the dash tells me when the motor is supplying power to the wheels or wheels are supplying regen to the motor's battery.

It accelerates pretty quickly, so I think the motor helps in this situation, and I see it kicking in under certain cruise situations.

Initially, I wasn't a fan, but it is rated for 40 MPG and a 500+ mile range. If Jeep offered something similar, I would consider a hybrid, but I don't see where they could put the motor and battery.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
I'm not totally sure either, but my company car is a RAV4 hybrid wit gas/electric. The meter on the dash tells me when the motor is supplying power to the wheels or wheels are supplying regen to the motor's battery.

It accelerates pretty quickly, so I think the motor helps in this situation, and I see it kicking in under certain cruise situations.

Initially, I wasn't a fan, but it is rated for 40 MPG and a 500+ mile range. If Jeep offered something similar, I would consider a hybrid, but I don't see where they could put the motor and battery.
You are seeing that correctly. The motor will supplement the engine more power for acceleration. Coasting and stopping will use the motor for regen/charging. That’s in hybrid mode.

most hybrids have a couple extra modes like the 4xe will have, full electric, and most have a power mode. The Jeep supposedly has hybrid, electric, and gas.

You are seeing that correctly. The motor will supplement the engine more power for acceleration. Coasting and stopping will use the motor for regen/charging. That’s in hybrid mode.

This makes a lot more sense now. I only have a few thousand mikes on the vehicle, but I noticed right away that it doesn't "coast" very well. On a typical gas only car, on a slight downhill, I can leave off the gas pedal and maintain the same speed. With this hybrid, I have to keep pressure on the gas pedal to maintain speed. It must be the regen feature causing the extra drag.