Jeep reveals the Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid

Not sure what Jalopnik is, but if it's the banner add across the top then yes

Yes, that banner ad has nothing to do with this site at all or being a supporting member. This article is on Jalopnik which is an entirely separate website.

They are a car news website that has become pretty far left over the years.

Reactions: HardSell
I think it's a cool idea, and frankly I'm not surprised. The Wrangler sells like hot cakes around here, and I'd bet the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler are definitely the biggest FCA sellers in this area. My gripe with hybrids and EVs all along has been "make them look like normal vehicles and not space ships". An electric Jeep would be neat. I'm sure it would be priced higher than I'd want to pay, but I commend them on the idea. It certainly seems more marketable than say an EV Renegade or one of the other garbage CUVs they sell.

My hope is that the EV Wrangler and solar charging stations will make the offroading sport look more environmentally conscious. As we know, many Jeepers are very environmentally conscious, and help keep trails clean, enjoy nature responsibly, etc. Unfortunately many greenies look at Jeeps and offroading and only think of big smoke spitting giant lifted trucks ruining land. This is the reason many of our trails and parks get closed, because people bitch and moan about things that really aren't our fault. I just hope this sheds some light on how many of us like enjoying the outdoors, not destroying it like so many ignorant environmentalists believe.

So pricing is out on the 4xe wranglers. What say you? I really wish they would put these unique engine choices in the 2 doors to include the 392. Probably still choose the 3.6 or 2.0t over the hybrid though

So pricing is out on the 4xe wranglers. What say you? I really wish they would put these unique engine choices in the 2 doors to include the 392. Probably still choose the 3.6 or 2.0t over the hybrid though
And what is the pricing?

They won't. They don't sell enough 2 doors to justify it unfortunately.

Reactions: Jamesval035
Show me a DIESEL electric hybrid, and you'll have something.
Here it is with steam!

SavingThe Environment.gif