California Jeep Salvage Yards in San Diego

When I went looking for Salvage Yards in San Diego, but the ones that I had used in the past were closed...
The only yards that I found were down almost to the border off of Palm Ave.
There is one yard down there that specialized in Jeeps, but that's been about 20 months ago.
Jeep Wranglers are very difficult to find in the salvage yards since they are in such high demand.

Sgt jeep isn't local but could probably ship what you need if you don't want to make the 3 hour drive each way

When I went looking for Salvage Yards in San Diego, but the ones that I had used in the past were closed...
The only yards that I found were down almost to the border off of Palm Ave.
There is one yard down there that specialized in Jeeps, but that's been about 20 months ago.
Jeep Wranglers are very difficult to find in the salvage yards since they are in such high demand.
Very true. I rarely see Wranglers.

He is a complete fucktard. Stop recommending him.
I bought an exhaust bracket from him years back. $50, shipped in a timely manner to my surprise. He must have given me the worst one he had, it was bent pretty badly and wouldn't even work as intended. Definitely would not use him again.

I bought an exhaust bracket from him years back. $50, shipped in a timely manner to my surprise. He must have given me the worst one he had, it was bent pretty badly and wouldn't even work as intended. Definitely would not use him again.
I did an AW-4 swap on an 05 Unlimited. We needed several interior parts. The owner got them or tried to from Tommy. We got to the end of the install, 3 weeks over our spare time and no parts. Tommy made the owner drive out to meet him at Offroad Expo to hand him the packaged box that he hadn't been able to drop off at any mail box store for 2 1/2 weeks. When we bitched, we get the same answer as always. Folks know this is my side gig and I get to it when I get to it. Then the parts were wrong and he wouldn't exchange them.

I needed a harness for an Auto swap. Tommy wouldn't sell us the half we needed, we had to buy the whole harness. Okay, sends an invoice and we pay. I send my helper out on Saturday to pick it up, they make him wait 2 hours while they pull it.

I see the extra time charged and question Tommy about it. We don't pull parts until they are paid for. You made me pay before my guy could go pick them up. WTF??

Buddy buys an entire TJ Unlimited from him with an OEM hardtop. Leaves a deposit to get home and come back with a trailer. Pulls up in the yard and someone else is there to buy a hard top. They figure out in short order Tommy sold the hard top off of the rig he bought. Tommy asks him to help him pull it off. Uh no, that is my hard top and I bought the complete rig. If the top doesn't come with it like you said, no deal. Oh that's alright, I've got that aftermarket piece of shit I'll sell the other guy and he did.

After getting messed around at every deal with him, I made it a point to ask all the local shops I chat with about him. It was the same story at every single one. Is this off the record? Yes. Okay, screw that guy, every deal goes sideways, it takes too long to ship, wrong part, or we get it on time and it is the right part at retail plus 10 for used.

Reactions: suicideking
I did an AW-4 swap on an 05 Unlimited. We needed several interior parts. The owner got them or tried to from Tommy. We got to the end of the install, 3 weeks over our spare time and no parts. Tommy made the owner drive out to meet him at Offroad Expo to hand him the packaged box that he hadn't been able to drop off at any mail box store for 2 1/2 weeks. When we bitched, we get the same answer as always. Folks know this is my side gig and I get to it when I get to it. Then the parts were wrong and he wouldn't exchange them.

I needed a harness for an Auto swap. Tommy wouldn't sell us the half we needed, we had to buy the whole harness. Okay, sends an invoice and we pay. I send my helper out on Saturday to pick it up, they make him wait 2 hours while they pull it.

I see the extra time charged and question Tommy about it. We don't pull parts until they are paid for. You made me pay before my guy could go pick them up. WTF??

Buddy buys an entire TJ Unlimited from him with an OEM hardtop. Leaves a deposit to get home and come back with a trailer. Pulls up in the yard and someone else is there to buy a hard top. They figure out in short order Tommy sold the hard top off of the rig he bought. Tommy asks him to help him pull it off. Uh no, that is my hard top and I bought the complete rig. If the top doesn't come with it like you said, no deal. Oh that's alright, I've got that aftermarket piece of shit I'll sell the other guy and he did.

After getting messed around at every deal with him, I made it a point to ask all the local shops I chat with about him. It was the same story at every single one. Is this off the record? Yes. Okay, screw that guy, every deal goes sideways, it takes too long to ship, wrong part, or we get it on time and it is the right part at retail plus 10 for used.
Sadly, none of those stories surprise me in the least. Nowhere in his page does it warn you that it's a side gig. If he could at least make that known, then it would be more understandable on a timeline standpoint. The shitty parts, wrong parts (with no refund), and the stuff like the hardtop is just plain unacceptable.

I think my transaction took about a week. It was not a terrible timeline but he gave me no tracking, no update that it had shipped, nothing. I think after like 4 days I texted him asking if it had been shipped and I got a "yes". It arrived a few days later if I remember right. Still, after that awful part I received I would never go through him again. Even if he has something I need and can't find anywhere else, there's no guarantee that what he has will even work, or that I will even receive it. Some people just should not do business.

Depends on how much blow back you can tolerate.
It's pretty rare I have to order parts and if I have to I have a small network of people locally that almost always get me what I need. I know Tommy has a "real" job that pays very well and the jeep thing is just a filler but I don't think he makes that known. I always recommend people find a good seller and support them..don't beat them up on pricing, don't have unrealistic expectations etc